• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I've seen studies that involved around 15,000 people over 6-10 years. Those that oppose marijuana decriminalization or medical marijuana won't bring those studies up very often because the studies have shown that there isn't a whole lot of difference between tobacco and marijuana as far as long term.

Someone should figure out a time machine so they could go back and do a study on the founding fathers. See how bad cannabis and opium ruined their lives and health.
    Wouldn't work. Someone would say they owned slaves they must have been high. :laugh:

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Legalize it, tax the crap out of it. I can't see how this could be a bad thing.

I don't smoke it, nor have I ever smoked it, not because it's against the law, but because it's just not my cup of tea. It's the same reason that, even though I drink alcohol, I never get drunk. I don't like being in an altered state. Just because you legalize something doesn't mean that everyone's going to start doing it. Quality citizens, the people who are contributing to society, are going to continue to be quality citizens. They may even smoke a joint on the weekends, whatever. That doesn't mean that responsible people suddenly become irresponsible.

I am friends with a number of quality people who smoke pot on their own time. They don't let it spill into their work or their contribution to society. These people's lives will be no different whether it's legal or not.

The losers who do nothing but get high all day and live off of welfare are already doing it even though it's illegal. That's not going to change either. If it's legal, at least we can get some of our tax money back out of the deal.

Legalizing it only serves to make money for the state, and save money in law enforcement. That sounds like a good deal to me! Maybe I'll see a break on my state taxes as a result. God knows I deserve to keep more of MY money!

Last edited:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I am not suggesting that pot be banned. Only that we do not know what effects it has on a widespread population. It would take a large population using over decades for any understanding of the effect on the human body. it would take several decades for cancer, if any, to show up for example.

But once pot is legal there will be lawsuits just as there have been with alcohol or tobacco over the how it damages the body.

Nobody knows what the long term effects will be on a sizable population group (something of the size of all tobacco users or all alcohol users).

The logical assumption is that pot will face similar restricts as are applied to alcohol and tobacco. Age restricts (over 21), no public consumption (open container laws), restricted areas of usage (special bars and within your home). Penalties for driving while under the influence. Give the reaction by feminists (progressives), you have to assume that they will put restrictions on pot. And a lot of taxes.
    '

Other than your bizarre non sequitur WRT feminists (which ones? The movements aren't monolithic.) I agree. Treat it like beer. Done.

And of course anyone who sells cannabis is opening themselves up to potential lawsuits the same way anyone who sells tobacco or alcohol does. Some will take that risk. Many won't. Lots of people will grow the stuff in their closet. Life will go on, and not much will change except I won't have to see "Legalize it!" stickers on Volkswagens and the trustafarians will have to move on to something else.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    No problem. Just have big tobacco companies make the product then tax and regulate it like alcohol. No one under the age of 21 could buy or use it. And harsh penalties for being high in public or DUI. No private growing unless you pay a huge tax and get all sorts of licenses.

no, no just stop.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Nope, look at how long THC stays in the system, something like 7 days(?). So how do you deal with an officer that is running lights and siren, gets involved in a crash that is a serious PI or fatal and he smoked marijuana 3 days prior?

You mean prior to a breathalyzer nothing could be done to tell if a person was intoxicated? :rolleyes:

gvonpaul

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Something needs to give in this current war.

We now have private prison companies conducting lock-down sweeps in our schools.

Private Prison Company Used in Drug Raids at Public High School | Common Dreams

I find this very disturbing. Locking students in rooms, running around the dogs, and getting paid by the number of offenders you catch. Disgusting. Let us not forget, the dog is right 100% of the time.
    This could possibly be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I am all for privatization of government functions, but this is crossing the line.

gearheadwilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    We need less government and more cooperation between the people of this great nation. Most of us would do just fine with less big brother. And not to mention the serious medical benefits of it. It's a needed step for many reasons as long as people treat it with respect and not abuse it that is

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Absolutely! You could get about 50 different products based on cocaine over the counter as well.
    Mariani_pope.jpg
    Including cocaine wines officially endorsed by the pope.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    If I owned a company, I wouldn't want a single drug user working for me, I wouldn't care how good of a worker they were. But hey, maybe there's a company out there that will form just to hire heroin addicts and pot heads to please you guys. Maybe they'll even make something such as medical instruments! :dunno:

I take it you've never eaten in a restaurant. I grew up in a restaurant and worked as a chef and I will tell you that I have never worked in a kitchen/bar where the people making your food, cleaning your utensils, mopping the bathroom doesn't have a large percentage of drug users.

In fact, I'll bet you don't go to the doctor either! Many of them use illegal drugs. I'd bet many more as a percentage than the public at large.

The biggest druggies I know are business people between the ages of 50 and 65 - stockbrokers, lawyers, very successful business owners, surgeons.......and don't get me going about dentists!

Fact is I could care less if they like to smoke reefer on their deck after work or drink a bottle of wine or a bottle of vodka. Hell. if they want to snort coke off some hookers ass more power to them. What they do in the privacy of their own homes is none of my and none of your concern.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've seen a lot of arguments that look great for weed, and a lot that look bad, but this country used to grow it, not for drugs but for many other reasons, clothing, rope, etc. One thing that i cant seem to refute is drunk driving vs. high driving. there are so many people killed drunk driving and so few killed high driving. many top CEO's smoke, and they run succesful businesses, of course many are drinkers too, but our prisons are full of marijuana users while rapist and murderers get let our early cuz of overcrowding, which is more serious? Just saying we should tackle the big problems before the little ones. And i for one hate weed.

Top Bottom