• ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I seriously doubt that this is over.
    Isreal will retaliate, and Iran will reciprocate.
    Rinse and repeat...
    What I worry most about are the ones that have secreted themselves across our southern boarder.
    Ì think we'll probably be hearing about an attack on U.S. soil soon.
    Iran and the entire Islamic nation are at war with the U.S.
    Sure wish American officials could see the forest but there are evidently too many trees in the way.

Well the middle east does serve as a nice distraction as China rolls out multiple billion dollar infrastructure projects to facilitate people loyal to the CCP being able to more easily illegally immigrate into the US.

In all honesty, I don't think the middle east gives a rats ass about us anymore, as long as we stay out of it. But the untold numbers of military aged chinese males still loyal to the CCP yet illegally entering our country has me thinking that we're seeing a legitimate military invasion that is being ignored.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Curious how long either side can keep up with those levels of attrition.
    Iraq & Iran went at each other for 10 years...
    Saddam even used up the vast majority of his chemical weapon stockpile trying to subdue Iran.
    (one reason why we didn't find many left when we went in back in 2003)
    They only gave up because both countries were damn near bankrupted by the conflict.
    (also why Saddam went into Kuwait... loot the what he figured was a soft target, recoup money he wasted fighting Iran)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Airplanes only have a few seconds of ammo.

The f-16 has 511 rounds, and fires at 6k per minute

That's 5.5 seconds.

How much does it cost when missiles/drones hit.

What we need, is a missile/drone defense platform that can launch smaller (less ranged) missiles.. purpose built.

That could extend the amount of missiles engaged, and range, from a city or ship

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Airplanes only have a few seconds of ammo.

The f-16 has 511 rounds, and fires at 6k per minute

That's 5.5 seconds.

How much does it cost when missiles/drones hit.

What we need, is a missile/drone defense platform that can launch smaller (less ranged) missiles.. purpose built.

That could extend the amount of missiles engaged, and range, from a city or ship

I would like to hear Kelly’s opinion on this. The F16 can only carry 6 AAM’s and 2-4 is standard. The F15 is much more capable in the air to air department.

I know nothing about air gunnery but if it’s possible to down a drone with a 1/2 second burst of roughly 50 20mm rounds it seems guns might be an option.

I agree the US does need a long range, high capacity anti drone system. I am wondering if the Iron Dome or Sea Sparrow system would be a good starting point.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Update(1145ET): Israel's war cabinet has issued a statement, reported in the country's Channel 12 broadcaster, according to breaking reports:

Israel wants to embark on action against Iran coordinated with US, channel 12 says — Reuters

Update(1329ET): It appears things are moving fast, via Israel's Channel 12 broadcaster, following the earlier conclusion of Israel's War Cabinet meeting:

THE ISRAELI AIR FORCE HAS COMPLETED ITS PREPARATION FOR AN IMMINENT ATTACK AGAINST IRAN

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Taking out something moving in essentially a straight line at 100 mph should be easy for a radar fire control computer set up for it. Have a C-130 loaded with Vulcans and a big quantity of 20 mm and it could just follow the drone swarm picking them off as it goes.

Top Bottom