• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Has anyone else here had problems with their factory front night sight on the S&W M&P Pro 9mm? I bought my M&P in March and had put maybe 300-400 rounds when I noticed the front night sight had broken (I could see the tritium vial had cracked and there was no "glow"). So, I sent it back to S&W in May and they put a new front sight on it for free.

So, I take the gun with me to Massad Ayoob's MAG 40 class in June and put no more than 500 rounds through it. It's been in my safe ever since. Took it out this evening and I notice the front sight is dead, again! The tritium vial does not appear to be broken or cracked, but there is no "glow".

Has anyone else had this problem, whether on the M&P Pro or another gun? I don't get it...I have had Sigs with night sights for years and never had a problem. I plan to send it back to S&W, but I'm wondering if they are going to say I have somehow abused it (which is definitely not the case).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Are they S&W's own brand, or aftermarket that they installed? I've got Trijicon on my M&P .45 and no problem with them yet, but it doesn't see a whole lot of use. Probably < 500 rounds.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Are they S&W's own brand, or aftermarket that they installed? I've got Trijicon on my M&P .45 and no problem with them yet, but it doesn't see a whole lot of use. Probably < 500 rounds.

The sights are apparently S&W's own brand, came that way from the factory...there are no aftermarket names or logos.

Top Bottom