• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I know I've seen threads asking for your "firsts" (first gun, long or hand, first carry experience, first police pull-over with a firearm, etc.). I want to hear your stories of when you first had interest in firearms. Playing cowboys and indians? Rubber band guns? Your grandpa's old collection on the wall? Lets hear where it all started.

Me? As you probably guessed by the title, my first fascination with the fantastic firearm was playing Duck Hunt on our brand new (and I mean literally out of the box) Nintendo Entertainment System (NES or just Nintendo for short). I'm sure I played with toy guns when I was little, but this was my first experience that I genuinely remember. After that, I got into paintball, bb guns, and when I got old enough, I got to go racoon hunting. And it's all down hill from there.

Now, lets hear your story? What was your "big bang" so to speak?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i loved paintball and bb guns for my whole life, but was actually scared of real guns until i got to go shooting with my uncle when i was 14 yrs...since then ive been fascinated

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've been obsessed with guns/weapons since I could walk....before I was even 6 years old my mom likes to say how "every time we went to a store he had to have a new toy gun".....then when I was about 5-6 I got my first chance to shoot the real things and it was all down hill from there

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My first were probably cap guns... the kind that used the red paper rolls of caps. Then I got an air gun when I was probably 5 - like a bb gun only it only shot a blast of air. I took great pride in shooting all the heads off my dad's petunias one day, and I was quite pleased with myself. Dad, not so much. :): Went from there to bb guns, then an old Mossberg .410 and a Mossberg heavy barrel .22 like one I had used at Boy Scout camp and loved.

Really, I've been obsessed with guns for about as long as I can remember. I used to have a recurring dream of finding a revolver in one of Dad's dresser drawers. The dream was so real that lots of times I would actually get up and look through his dresser trying to find it (he never owned anything but a shotgun). While I never found the revolver, I did find a Playboy once... but that's for another thread. :D

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    My first was going rabbit hunting with my older brother. Have been interested in guns ever since, although I have just recently decided to actively pursue my hobby.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    I don't know why but that dog made me so mad when I was little and inspired me to get a better weapon then that orange Ray-gun I wish he'd pop out on me now and laugh......at who?...me you say puppy?.......suprise suprise ...behold the ar15.....bang bang good by puppy .....the tables have turned darkness........hahahahahahahahaha

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I played Duck Hunt a lot and a 'terrorists take over airport' game (can't remember the name but it was fun). I think a couple of Space 1999 disc guns really got me started. Then I moved on to the small J frame cap gun and a pair of cowboy guns.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know why but that dog made me so mad when I was little and inspired me to get a better weapon then that orange Ray-gun I wish he'd pop out on me now and laugh......at who?...me you say puppy?.......suprise suprise ...behold the ar15.....bang bang good by puppy .....the tables have turned darkness........hahahahahahahahaha

Mr. Berkowitz, is that YOU?? :wrongdoor:

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    I grew up in a house with NO guns. Dad was terrified of them, couldn't even play cowboys and indians. Not sure what got me turned on to guns but I've always loved weapons and combat. When I was young (9 years old) I always had a wooden dowl rode behind my door, just in case.
    Then it became a baseball bat, then it was knifes about 14, then when I turned 21 ish I got my first handgun still freaks him out when I OC :D

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    My grandpa used to hunt deer at a hunting camp a fair trip from where my grandparents live in the mountains in upstate new york.

in they're bedroom he has a locked gun cabinet with a clear glass window for display. in it he has his deer gun and various other rifles. as a young kid i used to stay with them over most of summer vacation. and i had always admired his guns. i never tried to get at them in the cabinet, but i would frequently go in his room and give them a real good look over.

i always played with guns as a kid, but i don't know where that started, so i'll go with this memory. :D

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I played cops and robbers when I was a kid but I kind of left it there. My dad had a .22 rifle and S&W revolver at different points but he made sure to tell my brothers and I that they weren't for us and we weren't allowed to touch them. That mindset stayed with me until... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare :D

Yes, I'm THAT guy

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I played cops and robbers when I was a kid but I kind of left it there. My dad had a .22 rifle and S&W revolver at different points but he made sure to tell my brothers and I that they weren't for us and we weren't allowed to touch them. That mindset stayed with me until... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare :D

Yes, I'm THAT guy

:+1:.....at least he admitted it ...lol

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I had a lever action cowboy rifle when I about five years old and use to play with that a lot. None of my parents ever owned any guns. The first real gun I remember seeing up close was a dinky pistol that my uncle bought for home defense. He was showing it around on thanksgiving when I was ten and I got to hold it. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    As a kid growing up in the 50's I played cowboys and indians, then cops and robbers, then BB gun wars. I also eliminated a lot of pigeons in the neighborhood. Back then it was common for kids to be packing BB guns through the neighborhood.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know I've seen threads asking for your "firsts" (first gun, long or hand, first carry experience, first police pull-over with a firearm, etc.). I want to hear your stories of when you first had interest in firearms. Playing cowboys and indians? Rubber band guns? Your grandpa's old collection on the wall? Lets hear where it all started.

Me? As you probably guessed by the title, my first fascination with the fantastic firearm was playing Duck Hunt on our brand new (and I mean literally out of the box) Nintendo Entertainment System (NES or just Nintendo for short). I'm sure I played with toy guns when I was little, but this was my first experience that I genuinely remember. After that, I got into paintball, bb guns, and when I got old enough, I got to go racoon hunting. And it's all down hill from there.

Now, lets hear your story? What was your "big bang" so to speak?

Not me...Duck hunt came along long AFTER I started shooting. When I was 7, my Mom remarried, and my new father took me outside to shoot his Ruger Single Six. I was hooked. I started begging for a gun. So I got a Daisey BB gun. When I was 9, our middle school band teacher haed a VERY old Winchester bolt action rifle...bluing all gone, oiled stock. I bought it for $5. That became my "hunting" gun. And I shot everything I could., from squirrels, to rabbits, to crows. At 13, i bought my Winchester 37A single shot 20 gauge shotgun. At 14 my Browning BL-22 lever action 22lr rifle. And at 16, my Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge Left handed shotgun. And the day I turn 18, i bought my Ruger MK II pistol.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom