• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I like to have another non-lethal option to go with the EDC light. I keep them in all the vehicles.

View attachment 303516 View attachment 303517
    The Ops story and frequently visiting Seattle and seeing their homeless with Mental/drug induced unpredictable moves as well as the aggressive panhandling they all do is why I carry POM with my light and handgun. I’m in a lot more situations like that where physical force (reasonable force) can be justified but a firearm using deadly force not so much!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There should be something between a harsh word and a gun.

In addition to the names already mentioned by Coserman (whom I believe I took the Paladin Combatives class with in Avon), another of their buddies, Chuck Haggard, is another. He's basically a pepper spray SME (And another founding member of the Shivworks Collective).

BUT - finding actual bona-fide MUC and MUC-type classes isn't super easy around here. Unfortunately.

@ECS686 do you have any contacts that do MUC stuff?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    John Murphy of FPF teaches MUC as part of his Street Encounters Skills. HIGHLY recommend his class.

Glad it all worked out, OP. Being situationally aware and carrying yourself confidently goes a LONG way to keeping yourself out of trouble. I'm 100% confident I have managed to avoid two encounters that would have gone VERY bad for one/both of us. Partly due to the skills John taught me.

EDIT: I have also heard good things about Craig Douglas of Shivworks. His content is all over FB and youtube.
    From what I understand, Craig Douglas is one of the first to really put a curriculum together around this and other trainers have picked it up. I could be wrong.

I took a Managing Confrontations class at Parabellum several years back that I think @cedartop led along with another fella (Sorry, can't remember his name).

Lots of INGOers there for that one as I recall. @Jackson, Indygunguy (RIP) and his wife, a few more.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    There should be something between a harsh word and a gun.

In addition to the names already mentioned by Coserman (whom I believe I took the Paladin Combatives class with in Avon), another of their buddies, Chuck Haggard, is another. He's basically a pepper spray SME (And another founding member of the Shivworks Collective).

BUT - finding actual bona-fide MUC and MUC-type classes isn't super easy around here. Unfortunately.

@ECS686 do you have any contacts that do MUC stuff?
    Haggard was in the Bolke class I hosted and I talked to him about coming here for a class. He was very much for it. So I am in the works of trying to schedule him along with some others next year.

That’s all I can say as of now as it’s tentative.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I am the lucky one that gets to chase the homeless off our parking lot. Usually in the morning before they are too drugged up but some are just bat***t crazy too. Multilayered approach:

• prepare ahead of time with all my tools
    • authoritative stance and voice commands
    • maintain my distance
    • record video with my phone in my non-dominant hand
      • often time this is what scares them off fastest as they tell me "you can't take my picture, that's illegal"
    • POM pepper spray in dominant hand
    • ready to drop the pepper spray if I need some lead spray

Of course the morons in charge say it's against policy to have a firearm yet they are all pu****s and too afraid to deal with the problem(s). I ignore the policy and take Sonny's approach when he tells Clemenza... "I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his d*** in his hands, alright?"

clemenza-gun.jpg

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    From what I understand, Craig Douglas is one of the first to really put a curriculum together around this and other trainers have picked it up. I could be wrong.

I took a Managing Confrontations class at Parabellum several years back that I think @cedartop led along with another fella (Sorry, can't remember his name).

Lots of INGOers there for that one as I recall. @Jackson, Indygunguy (RIP) and his wife, a few more.
    You understand correctly. Not to say others may not have taught parts of this before Craig but he codified and popularized it and I dare say anybody teaching something similar today owes part of it to him. We used his MUC information with his permission. By we I mean myself and my partner Josh.

So many INGO people came through our classes and I am very grateful for that. Those who you mention and who have chimed in plus so many more. Aron (Coach) and his daughter, Chezuki, Evan Rice, Chris, Rhino, and so many more. I hate to start naming names because I can't possible remember everyone but I really appreciate the support we had from the INGO community.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Like swords... we should bring back swords!!!!
    murphy-murphy-z-nation.gif

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Chezuki is Coach's daughter! Who knew? :whistle:
    That is a scary thought.
    Pretty sure I used the commas correctly though.

How do you use commas in a list of names?
    When you have a list of nouns in a sentence, you should put a comma after each noun except the last one, and sometimes the second to last one, with a space after each comma but not before.

Top Bottom