• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am not sure which would hurt more, the loss of a limb, or losing the ability to do something you love doing.

Loss of a limb. I'd freely give up guns to keep my leg. I could then live out my Robin Hood archery fantasies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It was the shooter. Listen to the reporter and the whole story.

John
    I know what the reporter said but in the video looks like the cameraman got it. Maybe that's the shooters blood all over the camera man's pants and white Tshirt.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Loss of a limb. I'd freely give up guns to keep my leg. I could then live out my Robin Hood archery fantasies.

I think I recently read something, might have been here on INGO, where someone wanted to start/development a business geared for prosthetics and other devices to allow amputees or otherwise handicapped individuals to shoot.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    But you don't understand. Suggesting that I just make an explosion without flying shrapnel is an affront to my freedom....you leftist, gun grabber.

...I have a hard time replicating the, shall we say, colloquial nature of the speech...unlike other people.

Ahh dunno Huff....Sount dern nye on Shakespearean ta me....

Perhaps . . . "meye rye-eeets!!!"

That's it!

Hey Screw All Ya'll!!!

Bunch of damn Yankees!!!:p

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I know what the reporter said but in the video looks like the cameraman got it. Maybe that's the shooters blood all over the camera man's pants and white Tshirt.

If you Google the shooter's name and "tannerite" you come up with multiple reports that 32 year old Pressley is the dude who lost the leg and the source cited in most is the sheriff. Some of them have more details about his friends getting him to where he could be evacuated, minus a lower leg. My best guess is the camera ended up wherever it landed when high velocity shrapnel came flying at them and the shooter went down.

This is what you get with YouTube. He who gets the most views wins. Saw one recently in which the idiot used over 150 pounds of it in an old barn. He was extremely lucky, but the human race wasn't so fortunate as he can still reproduce.

John

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Hmm the flying shrapnel effect was very realistic!

I feel sorry for his parents if my spawn did this I would move to Honduras!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And unfortunately he gets national press attention for being an idiot who couldn't hit his target from just a bit further away. He had a video game level of explosives awareness. "I know, let's turn this lawnmower into a giant hand grenade...what could go wrong?"

I saw some EOD guys do this with a washing machine, but they were wearing, you know, EOD armor and stuff and still didn't stand that close.

language warning
    [video=youtube;JPxPA2sAf_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxPA2sAf_0[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Being young he is going to have many people ask if he lost his leg serving his country overseas......Having to explain that he lost his leg to an IED of his own making and accord is going to be tough to admit to...I hope he can lest he become the subject of an INGO "Stolen Valor" thread in a couple of years.....

I like a bourbon but I won't even cut the grass if I have had so much as a sip of beer.....I happen to know there is a very large blade spinning under that thing as I push it around......

Knew someone lost their leg when a torpedo crushed it.
    During the "cold war".
    Same thing. Well, except he didn't really make it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Follow the safety instructions and you probably won't lose your leg. There's a minimum safe distance stated for a reason.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I mean don't get me wrong I enjoy blowing things up With safety in mind.

I have never taped 4 Hand Grenade simulators together and placed them a hollow tree.

Has as any one ever seen a tree explode?

You also spent your tax money on training me on how to cut down trees with det cord.

One time I almost killed myself and others with an "Eagle Cocktail" great fun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Follow the safety instructions and you probably won't lose your leg. There's a minimum safe distance stated for a reason.

Distance is one factor, but putting it inside something that will produce shrapnel is the key stupid behavior. A few jars of tannerite making a boom is benign compared to debris flying uncontrollably in random directions.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    No a real eagle cocktail

1. Plastic container or thick plastic bag
    2. One smoke grenade any color
    3. One thermite grenade or a M21 burster
    4. One gallon of thickened fuel more or less depending on the size of container or effect you want

Mix you fuel first
    gas or diesel placed into a container mix in high phosphate soap powder mix (laundry detergent) until it is the consistency of baby snot.

tape grenades on the outside

pull both pins before throwing (note if using M21 burster you cannot self initiate the device the M21 ignition is instantaneous)

Device can be used for many purposes most effective in clearing tunnels and caves.

When used in the ambush works best if placed in trees and initiated with trip wire creating a falling flame effect.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'll have to check my liquor cabinet, I don't think I have all to ingredients. Might have to stop at the ATF store on the way home. :):

Top Bottom