• ...and so much more!
  • Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I got the 1911 bug.

I own two 45s already but neither is a 1911. One being my FNP-45 which I absolutely adore. I have shot 1911s previously. I liked it but I was young and polymer guns with rails were all that could hold my interest. Now I am older and have come to respect cold hard steel and classic firearms designs.

For reasons unknown I am finding myself seduced by this idea of a nice leather belt with a slide holster, or a leather shoulder holster rig, occupied by a nice and clean 1911.

I don't want tons of "custom shop" doodads on my 1911. I want it to be comfortable but as close to a classic A1 as I can get. Right now I find myself drooling over the Springfield Mil Spec, the Remington R1, a basic 1991 Colt, and the SR1911.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'd seriously suggest holding a completely mil spec one and one with a nice beavertail. Personally, I REALLY prefer the feel of a beavertail as the milspec safety digs into my hand when I'm trying to get a nice high grip. And for the price, it's hard to beat a loaded springer.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yea same thing is happening to me. Just walked out with a new Sig 1911 today and wow.... I am in love with this thing. I need another!!!! I can notice a huge difference between it and my old R1.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Dude, I must have caught that same disease. I always had been around 1911s because my grandfather and my uncle had always owned them, yet I had always owned polymer guns (with the exception of my 92fs). Then, some point after my training level hit its previous peak, I suddenly started noticing 1911s more. Then my buddy Blueboxer bought a Sig railed 1911 and let me shoot it. After punching two holes touching side by side on my first two shots, it was over. I had to have one.
    Decided to buy a Springfield loaded, and walked out with a Springfield Operator instead!

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    I know what you mean. I was originally looking to get a Taurus 24/7. I saw this 1911 and as soon as I felt it in my hands I knew it was the piece for me. The only thing I've done is add custom wood grips. I'm so glad I chose to pick it up off the table.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I told myself no more 1911s then today there was a brand new just came in today Springfield TRP. Felt real nice and tight so I ended up getting it and passing on a sw 629 44 mag hunter. Those damn 1911s r addictive.

Enjoy and post a pic

netlander10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Can't own just one of them. Browning hit it out of the park with that design. Wonder what he would say today?

Top Bottom