IT finally happened...went to shoot & forgot ammo..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    On of all days, my 40th birthday, I went to the shooting range with my dad and brought my guns&ammo, but forgot to bring ammo for his 7mm rem mag. I load it for him and would usually keep the reloads at my house, but last year he decided he would just keep it at his place. I'm wondering if I can put some of the blame on him for not getting it either, or my mom for distracting us with a dozen questions about birthday's before we left? heh

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    40 huh? Well happy 40th. They say memory is the 2nd thing to go. I can't recall the first.

Anyway, you might find that post 40 life makes your arms shorter. Bifocals help a lot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have twice gone to the range without mags. Luckilly the second trip the awesome folks at Parabellum loaned me one from an idle rental gun. They saved my bacon because it was the day before an appleseed and I needed to sight in my rifle. And it was late enough in the day I wouldnt have time to drive home, get my mag, and come back.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I went out to shoot one time and forgot my ammo. I went back into the garage, grabbed it, and went back out to shoot. It's SO nice having a back yard range! :D

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    On of all days, my 40th birthday, I went to the shooting range with my dad and brought my guns&ammo, but forgot to bring ammo for his 7mm rem mag. I load it for him and would usually keep the reloads at my house, but last year he decided he would just keep it at his place. I'm wondering if I can put some of the blame on him for not getting it either, or my mom for distracting us with a dozen questions about birthday's before we left? heh

40, HUH ????? KIDS !!!!!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Two different times going to public range where anything but paper on there boards is illegal. Forgot targets and then the other time forgot staples. :ugh:

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I took the kids to the range yesterday.. about a 25 minute drive. I forgot the upright posts for the target stands. I improvised and found some trash cardboard, fashioned some uprights by folding the cardboard into narrow and long tubes, held together with some 200 mph tape... 10 minutes of work and then 2 hours of shooting could continue.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I always bring at least two guns. Not because I've forgotten one (yet), but due to the occassional problem- a pin works it way loose, optics problem, etc.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Because I may have possibly done some of the aforementioned stunts, I made up a couple of checklists. I keep them on the wall and grab them and check my gear before I go. It's saved me from forgetting my sandbags or targets more than once.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I read this thread and thought, "that would really suck." The next day I decided to go to the range and run some drills with my EDC. I shot the first magazine and then the second. I then went to recharge my magazines and remembered that I never grabbed my ammo case. It wasn't a complete waste of time, because someone shot about 150 9mm and .45 rounds and left the brass on the ground.

Top Bottom