• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    After 14 years of marriage and 18+ years together my wife finally made a comment about my rifles. All she said was "that's quite a collection you've got going there" but every married man on the planet knows that it wasn't just a casual comment, there's something else there lol.

It's not my fault it started raining and I couldn't put them all away after doing some optic swapping earlier today. I don't mind the bedroom looking like this.

wijRzmxh.jpg

I’ve never felt I needed to intentionally keep anything from her, she just never really said anything before. As long as the bills are paid I don’t think she really cares, much. :)

Been married for 40 years, the wife doesn't even look anymore.;)

Yep, been married 26 years now and the wife doesn't care/ask, but I also don't generally have all the black plastic ut at once. Just seeing one or two at a time she doesn't differentiate them much.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The spouse gets a cut of any gun related transaction I make.
    Sell one/buy one/build one/ fix one.....she gets cash.
    It aint much but over a year she makes out.
    If I do a big transaction she negotiates like a dang lawyer. It is fun. Keeps it lite. Makes it fun.
    I have even built her up a few and yes, it is a transaction.....:):

:yesway:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I don't need to keep purchases from my wife either. Our last conversation after just buying a thermal scanner.

Me: I think I want to buy a REAP-IR
    Her: how much is it?
    Me: $9,000
    Her: didn't you just buy a thermal?
    Me: yeah...
    Her: why don't you wait until next year.
    Me: ok

I don't need to keep secrets.

I don't mean to be ride but what do you do for a living that allows you to drop 9k on a scope?

I may need a career change.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Lol, I work at Chrysler. Three of the four kids got out on their own in the past few years, and my wife got hired full time at Chrysler just before they moved out. Combined with the fact that I work seven days a week, all of it has really helped with my play money.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Lol, I work at Chrysler. Three of the four kids got out on their own in the past few years, and my wife got hired full time at Chrysler just before they moved out. Combined with the fact that I work seven days a week, all of it has really helped with my play money.

Right on thanks. Good on ya man. Have any gladiators on the lot? I'd love to take one for a test drive.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We have "some" long guns and a "few" handguns. I'm confident the wife has paid for half of them. She's currently advocating that I get a Glock 43X so our EDC magazines are interchangeable. I'm dragging my feet to see if she'll just buy it for me. She has a direct impingement check book!

Edit: As predicted, just got home from BGF with a new Glock 43X and the wife said, "I'll pay it for it if you want". Darn the luck. :)

Last edited:

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    My wife doesn't really give a rat about guns in general, or how many or what type I have. Just so long as there's enough money for her 'projects' and a little extra for the occasional evening out.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I’ve never felt I needed to intentionally keep anything from her, she just never really said anything before. As long as the bills are paid I don’t think she really cares, much. :)

Same with my wife. Although I don’t exactly bring up my gun purchases. Better to just leave them in the safe and not mention it. She understands that I might need a duplicate of a particular type of firearm. She also realizes that guns will eventually leave the house with the boy soon enough. But...she would also ask questions if I started lining stuff up along the wall.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Maybe it is the picture of rifles with the subject of family but when I first saw the picture I thought it looked like the "family" sticker people put on the back of their car.

wijRzmxh.jpg

images

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Recent quote from my wife after a range date:

Her - "I like that one (referring to my 6" BH .357), I think I'll keep it."

Me - "What? Wait, does that mean I have an open spot in the roster to fill?"

H - "That's not what I said. No more, but this one's mine now."

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

ParkerBoy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    50 Lakes
    Are any of you familiar with the "48 Hour Rule"? Basically it states that anything "new" must be displayed "in the open" for at least 48 hours........then, if you are questioned as to "how long have you had that?", you can state that...."I've had that forever". That applies to things like cars, boats, motorcycles, fishing equipment, guns, etc. "In the open" means that it must not be "hidden", but displayed "more or less" in the open. In this case it means that in a gun cabinet or stacked in the corner with other guns, should apply....this is considered a grey area, so be careful.

If you have questions, I refer you to "Garage Logic" for further information. Look it up. Do your research!

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    After 14 years of marriage and 18+ years together my wife finally made a comment about my rifles. All she said was "that's quite a collection you've got going there" but every married man on the planet knows that it wasn't just a casual comment, there's something else there lol.

It's not my fault it started raining and I couldn't put them all away after doing some optic swapping earlier today. I don't mind the bedroom looking like this.

wijRzmxh.jpg

Looks like a man who is prepared for all eventualities. I have a few lined up in the bedroom as well.
    I just finished up my second pistol, and sixth overall AR in the house. My wife walked into the room when I had the pistols out side by side and gave them a look like "where did that one come from?", but never said a word about it. I just bought the lower for my 7th, but it is going to be an X Products Can Cannon for launching tennis balls. I have enough parts to build up 2 upper and lower assemblies from the barrel extension back. The Can Cannon for one and probably an A2 built like the M16A2 I carried in Iraq for the second build.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom