It Is Beyond Ridiculous Kids Cannot Doodle A Gun…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “The only thing more predictable than boys being fascinated with weapons is them eventually sketching one in class. But that’s not allowed anymore.”

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    SWMBO was adamant that our firstborn son would not be so enamored of guns when he was little. We never bought him toy guns and didn't watch movies with guns. We played Legos and Duplos a lot. When he was around 3 or 4 she watched him bite his cheese slice in the shape of a gun and shoot around the house. She pretty much gave up after that, but still made sure he didn't have any toy guns.

A few years later he was playing with the neighborhood kids using a sick as a toy gun. Not just any stick - us stick gun aficionados know that only certain sticks will do. The other kids mocked him that "it's just a stick." A half hour later they all had one.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Nah. Then you have to be 'trained'. You can't look at the OPPOSITE sex like that, only YOUR sex.
    When i was in school back in the 80s, guys were either drawing hotrods or women. Don't recall any rifles or anything like that. I didn't draw cause i sucked at it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    The more forbidden you make something, the more young boys will want it.

My parents broke apart my lego guns, then moved on to confiscating my airsoft guns. Look at me now, more guns than brain cells.
    I asked a guy my age who already had 5 kids how he handled having guns around them.

“Don’t make it a mystery. If they ever want to look at or handle the guns, they just have to ask. I’ll get them out, let them handle them safely. And take them hunting. Once they see what a bullet will do to a dear, they’ll know they’re not toys.”

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I asked a guy my age who already had 5 kids how he handled having guns around them.

“Don’t make it a mystery. If they ever want to look at or handle the guns, they just have to ask. I’ll get them out, let them handle them safely. And take them hunting. Once they see what a bullet will do to a dear, they’ll know they’re not toys.”
    That's how I was raised...though it was generally with deer...:cool:

Top Bottom