• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My sister and her husband and son have been living out of state for several years. They are moving back to the Bloomington area. She has a job she will be starting next month. Right now the plan is for her husband to stay in the other state at his current job until they find something for him here. He's in IT. Does anyone know of any jobs in the Bloomington area? They hve a one year old son, and would like to all be together again as soon as possible, as you can imagine. Please let me know if you know of anything! Thanks so much!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Live in Mooresville/Camby area. She commutes to Bloomington and he goes to Indy for IT. It he works at IU. Bad idea to separate wife and son from husband IMO. :twocents:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Saying that someone works in IT is like saying that someone works in medicine. Could be a brain surgeon or x-ray tech. What does her husband do?

Was going to say this.

I work in "IT" but more specifically: Linux server management and customer service for a web-hosting company. A buddy of mine works in "IT" but deals with networking for some nearby factory and is unfortunate enough to have to deal with Windows devices all day. Neither of us would know where to begin if we had to swap jobs for a day. :P

With that said, Bloomington is bound to have something. They recently built a new (large) datacenter from what I recall over by 10th and the Bypass which is on a large fiber ring connecting some other Indiana universities as well I do believe, not 100% on that though. Was under construction 4 years ago or something when I lived up there, surely done now. Local ISPs are also likely hiring due to the large volume of students coming and going at all times. Each year thousands leave town, thousands of new ones move there. Certainly there is a demand for installers/maintenance techs.

Good luck!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    IU IT won't hire him unless he has at least an undergrad degree....and it could be in animal husbandry or basket weaving....no degree, no job at IU in IT.

Cook Group is an international corp HQ'd in Bloomington, they use a lot of IT folks.

Monroe County Government needs some IT people that know something about virtualization and storage.

There are a ton of medical offices in Bloomington that feed into the hospital, they're usually looking for support people.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    IU IT won't hire him unless he has at least an undergrad degree....and it could be in animal husbandry or basket weaving....no degree, no job at IU in IT.

Cook Group is an international corp HQ'd in Bloomington, they use a lot of IT folks.

Monroe County Government needs some IT people that know something about virtualization and storage.

There are a ton of medical offices in Bloomington that feed into the hospital, they're usually looking for support people.

To add to the list: Suso is a local web-hosting provider, they seem a bit (very) dated though. Smithville is a promising looking ISP that provides fiber direct. In fact, they're offering free 1Gbps internet upgrade in the month of March which is pretty rad: https://www.smithville.com/news/gigabit-connectivity

Lots of non-IU jobs up that way I am sure. :)

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Thanks to all so far. Keep the ideas coming please. I don't know exactly what he does. He works for the government and isn't allowed to say which section he work in or what he does.

Top Bottom