• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Safe and healthy is our wish to you and your lovely spouse.

Lunch is on me when next we meet.

Sell something. Its always a good excuse to FTF.....:)

Your fiend,

-Tim-

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Elijah my son was born at 9:59pm last night. 7lbs 5.6oz. He had a rough birthday. Mom wasn't dilated like she was supposed to be at 40 weeks pregnant so we went in to be induced on the 12th. After 3 rounds of medication she still wasn't dilated at all. She was having contractions and he was being pushed against her closed cervix. This was making his heart rate drop and rebound after each contraction. She was started on hormones and that finally got her to dilate and soften. However he was still dropping his heart rate with every contraction and every push he'd drop like a rock. He always rebounded quickly so the doctor wasn't to worried. After 4 hours of pushing she was tired he was tired his heat rate stopped rebounding so quickly. He finally popped his head out and wasn't crying. He was immediately taken by respiratory and started clearing his airways and started him on cpap. He had fluid in his lungs and his ph balance was way off. Started on fluids and antibiotics and the doctor was afraid that with repeated lapses in oxygen there could be trauma to the brain. He was showing signs of possible seizures. In order to make sure whatever possible damage to his brain may have occurred was minimalized he was transferred to NICU in Indy from Mooresville where they could monitor his brain waves and start therapy if needed. I got here at 3:30am and we've been together the hole time. My wife had to stay in Mooresville because she was beat up from the birth. When he got here his ph was much better and he wasn't showing signs of seizures and the doctor decided he didn't need the EEG after all. He's still on cpap antibiotics and fluids but is improving steadily. It's been a long two days but I've got my baby boy. All is well. Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts. 20210114_093603.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Congratulations Pops. Sorry to hear your wife and son had such a rough go of things. Prayers for a full and speedy recovery for both of them.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Our last was a "traumatic delivery." Doctors rushed in after the delivery and SWMBO asked if the baby was OK. Doctors said "We're not here for the baby."
    All ended well, though.

"Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to the country and to mankind is to bring up a family." — George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright (1856-1950)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Glad to hear that you have your son and things turned out well. Prayers for mom and baby as they both recover from the difficult delivery. He looks perfect :-)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Update. Momma was discharged this morning. She is now here in Indy with us. She is sore and has some birth related issues of her own to work on but otherwise fine. Elijah is doing very well. He's making big strides in his recovery. Physical Therapy checked him out today and all his reflexes are strong, he is not showing any outward signs of brain trauma so that is very good news. Doctors are saying to watch developmental cues but also that they tell everyone that. He came off cpap yesterday and is breathing fine on his own. He had his IV removed earlier this evening. We are working on getting him to breastfeed, He was on a feeding tube, He's wanting to but falls asleep in Momma's arms and is having a little trouble latching. All in all he is doing very well. Improving faster than they thought he would. Hopefully we will be home early to mid next week. He's my little tough guy. He kept pulling his own lines out. Removed his feeding tube twice tore his IV out and fought them putting it back in. They ended up putting in his umbilical cord he's a fighter for sure. Thanks again for the positive thoughts and prayers

Top Bottom