• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Extended family vacation in Destin. Penthouse unit that was big enough to sleep everyone. Gorgeous views. 13 stories up.

Until the elevators died this morning. They are out at least until tomorrow. We have grandparents with us who do not enjoy stairs. The ocean is close but oh, so far.

should I have posted this in the first world problems thread?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That sucks. Can they accommodate them on the ground for for the moment? Maybe there is a staff elevator?

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    You should inform the admin of the situation and let them know what they can do to accommodate your family... on their dime.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    That just sucks.
    Dinner plans, sightseeing, Rum Runners by the pool with the Grandparents all skewered by a stupid elevator.
    Just pray they don't need any weird parts to fix the thing.
    Hope it is up and running tonight.
    Good luck.

We will be in Destin in a few weeks. RV park next to Fudpuckers.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I see another bad vacation in Destin. My wife and I went there last November for a fun week of rain, winds and a pretty miserable time. We had never been to Fla. together and had high hopes. First night there, at a nice restaurant, every ones phone went off at the same time. Tornado warning. It was just a couple miles away. no news of damage, thankfully. My only other vacation in Fla. was in 1971. I was on board a luxury liner on the way to the Bahamas when the generator room caught fire. Killed a crew member and they had us all on mail deck in life jackets ready to man the lifeboats. We floated all night in the shipping lanes and tugs came out the next morning and pulled us back to Miami. My two buddies and I were just back from Vietnam and this excitement was a pleasant relief from non combat boredom. I'll stay up North thank you.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Last time we were here was spring break last year. Cold, foggy.

The water is phenomenal though. Clearest I've seen in the east coast. It really is nice here, this is a smal
    hiccup

Eight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2014
    Central Indiana
    Silver Shells! I have stayed there twice and loved it. Sorry for your troubles. Maybe the unit owner will rebate a couple days off your stay? Or if there are cabanas available maybe they will kick in one for a few days. They make a great base from which to operate.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    You brought the patient that said you were cute right? I mean, you get a compliment like that and you almost feel like you have to treat him to a nice vacation.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Can't the au pair carry them down? She seems to have a lot of things she won't help with.

Going down isn't an issue, it's the up part :(. She won't do foot massages :xmad:

You brought the patient that said you were cute right? I mean, you get a compliment like that and you almost feel like you have to treat him to a nice vacation.

Now i feel terrible

Top Bottom