• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not sure if anyone remembers watching the show "It Takes A Thief".
    It Takes a Thief : Fan Site : Discovery Channel

Most of the time in the show when they bumped up the security of the house they would install a key lock box in the kitchen so the family could store all their spare keys (cars, garage, etc..) instead of just having them out.

Anyone have an idea what the name of the lock box is? It was a white metal box that was bolted into the wall 2x4 studs.

I'm looking for one. Thanks!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    they already got in the house, Im sure a thin sheet metal box isn't going to stop them ;)

thats the one thing I hate about my gun safe......... want to know where all my valuable stuff is, look for the safe.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    they already got in the house, Im sure a thin sheet metal box isn't going to stop them ;)

correct but its about layers of security and "time to steal" added. In that show the thief showed how he and most others want to spend as little time at your place as possible. TVs and PCs are the first they go for since they are easy to re-sell and are typically never bolted down. So anything that they can just smash and grab they are going to take.

So once in your TV, PCs (laptop THEN desktop) and stereos are #1 on the list. Papers in unlocked filing cabinets are next. If you have the cabinet locked they are going to pass (for now) since it takes time (yes seconds) but those seconds are better spent taking loot that is not bolted down.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    These days since most of our crimes are being committed by juveniles the targets are x-boxes, games, available cash and cell phones

Last edited:

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I too loved this show. I thought some of the stuff they did was a little odd, but they had a lot of great pointers too. I always liked the the dead bolts with the removable thumb turn.

Top Bottom