• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If that's the case, there was another one launched about 7:15am this morning due east of Southern Indiana. Saw the exact samething out of my bathroom window this morning. Went to get my camera, and it had changed angles and was clearly an airplane flying east to west (towards me) with the sun rise behind it.

cyberwild360

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    That's kind of crazy. I think it was an airplane, you see those trails all the time and some of them look really crazy - like the pilot was drunk or something.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That's kind of crazy. I think it was an airplane, you see those trails all the time and some of them look really crazy - like the pilot was drunk or something.

Or there is wind at high altitudes blowing the contrail in a funny pattern. My guess is that the plane (or missile) was probably flying pretty straight. take a look at the time lapse of a space shuttle or other rocket launch...the contrail is rarely perfectly straight, but rather floats with the wind.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I wonder what happened to the original KTLA video I saw linked to the Drudge Report? I'm pretty certain it was different from the ones I've seen posted here since.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If that's the case, there was another one launched about 7:15am this morning due east of Southern Indiana. Saw the exact samething out of my bathroom window this morning. Went to get my camera, and it had changed angles and was clearly an airplane flying east to west (towards me) with the sun rise behind it.
    I wish you would have taken the picture anyway. It would have been cool.

Why doesn't the government just say "it was flight xxx from Hawaii" if it was a commercial jet? So far we're getting nothing but "we have no record of anything being in that position at that time". Every single commercial flight and private flight is tracked so it should be a simple matter of reviewing flight control records.

I was convinced it was an airplane until the very last part of the video where it showed the object going pretty much straight up with a little fireball at the center flickering like we see in rocket launches.

Look at 2:00 in the video.

Screenshot2010-11-16at71640AM.png

The professor talks about how you can see the separation of stages and the object is clearly going straight up. I've yet to see a commercial airliner go straight up... If the only perspective we had was a straight on shot from 35 miles away, I would agree it's likely it was an airplane, but there's a lot more video out there than what I think you've seen.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    A commercial airliner climbs at a fairly steep angle. You also have the possibility of the rising sun reflecting off the skin of the aircraft for that type of bloom. There is almost no detail to see anything. The sun would have a reddish tint and be "higher" risen, due to the altitude of the aircraft.

Watching all the video I've see makes it look like a commercial airliner on climb out with a departure tower requested heading change or varying winds at different flight levels.

Then we have the guy who recorded it for 10 minutes. How fast do missiles go in your experience? Yeah, faster than that.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I wish you would have taken the picture anyway. It would have been cool.

Why doesn't the government just say "it was flight xxx from Hawaii" if it was a commercial jet? So far we're getting nothing but "we have no record of anything being in that position at that time". Every single commercial flight and private flight is tracked so it should be a simple matter of reviewing flight control records.

I was convinced it was an airplane until the very last part of the video where it showed the object going pretty much straight up with a little fireball at the center flickering like we see in rocket launches.

Look at 2:00 in the video.

The professor talks about how you can see the separation of stages and the object is clearly going straight up. I've yet to see a commercial airliner go straight up... If the only perspective we had was a straight on shot from 35 miles away, I would agree it's likely it was an airplane, but there's a lot more video out there than what I think you've seen.

Yeah, I wish I had taken the picture in hind sight, but in my morning grogginess quickly dismissed it and jumped into the shower.

I'd agree with Indyjoe...the flicker is probably the sun reflecting off the bottom of the plane. I've seen this as well in the afternoon / late evening and have honestly thought I'd seen a UFO. Once the plane gets into a different angle the plane is visible again and the reflection is not as great.

I do wish the FAA / NORAD / somebody would just say that was flight XX and be done with it. My guess is that they won't because it wasn't a commercial aircraft. It was either military or g'ment (Maybe AF 1?) and they're using the typical policy of don't acknowledge either way.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    But indyjoe, if it were one of two possible commercial aircraft, they would not have been in ascension at that point in their journey.

If they were coming from the west, they were going to be in a decent.

And with the sun setting in the west, sunlight reflecting off an aircraft would not be nearly as visible from the coast(camera point) - but more visible as an aircraft passes the coast and overhead and beyond the camera point.

I only refuse to believe it was a jet because I've never seen contrails develop so thickly and so closely behind an aircraft. I would expect a finer stream or streams immediately coming from the aircraft and then turn fluffy and degrade after a few seconds.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Ah but LEaSh, havent you been reading Rambones stuff?

They were CHEMtrails... not Contrails! Those hang round for a long while and poison people.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What's the difference betwixt the two? ;)

If you've ever gone to an airport on a damp but not windy day, you'd know those birds are pumping some filthy chems in the air.

I don't believe they're mind control agents, just petro chemical byproducts as they've always been.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The rockets go up, who cares where they come down.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro]YouTube - Tom Lehrer - Wernher von Braun - now on DVD[/ame]

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What's the difference betwixt the two? ;)

If you've ever gone to an airport on a damp but not windy day, you'd know those birds are pumping some filthy chems in the air.

I don't believe they're mind control agents, just petro chemical byproducts as they've always been.

Not sure if you were joking or not, so if not, don't take this the wrong way. As an enigneer I feel compelled to give way more detail than anyone cares to note. :D

Guess what the byproducts of internal combustion of a hydrocarbon fuel are (such as Jet A)? Water and Carbon Dioxide (ok, and there is some Corbon Monoxide, Sulfur Dioxide, some Oxides of Nitrogen, little bit of soot, etc. at VERY low relative ratios to good old CO2 and H20).

Last time I checked water vapor is the same stuff they make clouds out of. Hence, when airplanes fly at high altitudes where the temperatures are very cold, or cars drive on cold days at low altitudes, the water vapor in the exhaust condenses and forms plumes of water vapor. (crap...starting to sound like my college Thermo professor...better not break out the Psycrometric charts until the next lesson. ;) )

The textbook example is the combustion of Methane (CH4) with pure Oxygen (O2):

CH4 + 2 O2 → CO2 + 2 H2O (from Wiki link below)

Now, we know that the air we breath is actually not pure Oyxgen (which is good, because everything would spontaneously combust once a single flame was exposed to the O2), but rather about 78% Nitrogen (N2) and 20% O2, and 2% other stuff. (Atmosphere of Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

So, in reality 80% of what goes into the engine isn't the O2 an engine needs to combust, and in reality gasoline, diesel, Jet A, Kerosene, etc. are much more complex than simple Methane and have very small amounts (Measured in parts per million) of Sulfur and other chemical additives in them as stabilizers and detergents.

That means you do get some other things present, but again, by relative %'s, the largest amounts of by products from Combustion are harmless (well, maybe not to the Global Warming folks) CO2, H20, and N2 (naturally occuring Nitrogen) since only a small part of it actually gets combined with anything else to form NOx.

True, jet engines, and diesels for that matter, don't "Smell" all that clean when they are running cold or at low load conditions, but that isn't necessarily an indication of nasty chemical by products as much as it is the result of some of the fuel that didn't completely burn. Ever taken a wiff of a gallon of gasoline or Kerosene? They don't smell particularly good before they are burned either.

More here:

Combustion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, enough with the thermodynamics lesson. Yeah, I think the contrail seen on this plane does seem a bit fuller and and longer than most, and all I can say is that is probably either a) part of the optical illusion, or b) the water was able to stay in vapor form for longer and didn't dissipate as quickly at whatever altitude the plane was at.

Oh, and yes, a liquid fueled rocket will have a very thick contrail since it is essetially burning pure hydrogen with pure oxygen making litterally nothing but Water! Solid fuels have a bit more other stuff in them, and are a whole different animal all togther, but too will produce a certain amount of water vapor.

Top Bottom