• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Holy s**t! I just saw this wild video!! In it... there were these kids. And they were flying around on... get this... BROOMSTICKS!!! I think they were pursuing some small, shiny, gold-colored ball that appeared to be flying in a non-ballistic manner!!

The federal government is keeping silent on this, but I believe they are secretly developing a child-based, airspace defense system that will protect this nation in the event of an aerial bombardment of small, shiny, gold-colored balls.

It's gotta be true... I SAW IT ON VIDEO!!!

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    But.they said it didn't show on any radar screen
    Actually, I believe the actual quote from the the FAA was that there were "no UNIDENTIFIED targets on radar". So if the object on the video was IDENTIFIED (like... oh... I don't know... AN AIRLINER) it was on their radar. They just don't know which identified target is the one on the video. And why the f*** would they care to find out? Because a bunch of UFO cranks and conspiracy theorists want them to?:rolleyes:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm sorry, that's not how this works.

You made a claim, now support it. I posted my video evidence it's up to you to post your own evidence. It's not my responsibility to find your evidence for you. If anyone is having other kids do their homework, it's you my friend.

I'm just trying to help you out. It's up to you to take the next step.

Even if I posted a video of an actual missle launch and showed you how the two were different, you'd still poke holes in it. You want to believe that it was a missle, and the only person that can change your belief is you.

You can lead a horse to water...

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm just trying to help you out. It's up to you to take the next step.

Even if I posted a video of an actual missle launch and showed you how the two were different, you'd still poke holes in it. You want to believe that it was a missle, and the only person that can change your belief is you.

You can lead a horse to water...

Translated: I can't find a video to post as a rebuttal and I've spent a day looking, so I'm going to try the grade school tactic of pretending your stupid.

Unlike you, I'm open to any and all evidence. Until the video I posted in the OP of this thread, I was certain it was an airliner.

Now I'm not so certain.

All you have are schoolyard taunts and half baked insults to debate with, which honestly is tiresome. If you have something meaningful to contribute, please do.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I think it was a warning shot of sorts, a test shot just to see if we have the ability to defend ourselves.
    And it looks to me we failed, everyone has that deer in the headlights look on the faces.
    We should have had aircraft in the air ready to shoot it down, that should have been the reaction we showed whether we shot it down or not.
    All we did is showed that we have a very weak defense.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Does the FAA even have radar?

I thought all planes were tracked via radio transmitter.
    RADAR = RAdio Detection And Ranging

Air Traffic Control (operated by the FAA) has been using RADAR since 1952. What do you think the air traffic controllers in the airplane disaster movies were staring at?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    RADAR = RAdio Detection And Ranging

Air Traffic Control (operated by the FAA) has been using RADAR since 1952. What do you think the air traffic controllers in the airplane disaster movies were staring at?

A screen that showed transponder positions.

I was under the impression that tracking the hijacked planes on 911 was difficult because the FAA had no "tracking radar" and NORAD radar pointed out rather than in.

It is my understanding that all airliner are tracked via their transponder.

If that is incorrect, I apologize.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    You are close.
    The air traffic controllers use both ground based radar and IFF (Identification friend or Foe) transponders to track aircraft.
    The information is overlapped together on the same screen.

At least that is the way it used to be.....
    The transponder ("IFF" is the military term for it) works with the radar. Flight crews are given a "squawk" code with their routing clearance, and they enter it into their transponder. ATC also enters the code into their computer, and attaches that code to the flight plan (aircraft not being tracked by ATC squawk the common code "1200").

When the aircraft is "painted" by a ground radar facility, that radar also "interrogates" the transponder, which "replies" with the code set into it along with the aircraft's altitude. The radar receives this code, and the computer knows the identity of the target (flight/registration number, aircraft type, etc.). The computer will then create an information block that the controller sees on his screen.

Aircraft without a transponder, or a transponder that's turned off (as the 9/11 hijackers did), still creates what is called a "primary target" (or "skin paint"). The controllers' displays are normally "decluttered" so that only targets with transponder replies are shown on the screen, however, primary targets are still being recorded in the ATC computer. Controllers can turn off the declutter function, but every radar return would be shown, including false targets caused by ground-based interference and reflections.

On 9/11 the controllers could see the hijacked aircraft as primary targets, but had difficulty tracking the faint blips amid all the other radar returns. This was made even more difficult as the hijackers flew low enough that the aircraft were moving in and out of areas that are below radar coverage.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Ok doing some more research I stumbled upon this youtube gem. A Titan ICBM launch.

You can clearly tell a difference in the 2 videos, enough difference that I don't think just a different type of missile would explain it all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLO-IdGHf70]YouTube - The last Titan IV missile launch[/ame]

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Thanks for the link.

What I see in the video is a missile that doesn't appear to be climbing radically faster than the object in the first video. So much for judging speed based on a video.

Top Bottom