• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I haven't eaten an Italian beef out too many times, I personally like them at home. Make them, with the bread and cheese you want and kettle chips are a must! You can keep your bread how you like it also, and best of all it's some of the best leftovers you can have!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    THIS. If I ever get a philly steak to go at Penn station, I have them slice and toast the bread by itself, then wrap it. Then have them put the guts in a cardboard tray and reassemble when Im ready to eat. Nothing worse than soggy bread.

For me it is the tastelessness of the beef as much as the sogginess that I don't like. I don't mind dipping a good flavorful beef sandwich in au jus so long as I can control the amount of sogginess. Give me a prime rib, brisket, ribeye or corned beef sandwich unadulterated with peppers, onions or any other unnecessary stuff except a condiment or two and I'm a happy camper, au jus or not.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Not entirely on topic but if you have never tried the French dip at macnivens (on mass ave) you are missing out!

Top Bottom