• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Was looking on EBay at a cheap Red Dot to put on one my .22 rifles. When I clicked on the item, I got a warning that said the following;

[FONT=&amp]It looks like this item is restricted for export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, ITAR (22 CFR, Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations, EAR (15 CFR, Parts 730-774). Please ensure you comply with any regulatory licensing and documentation requirements associated with this product. For more information and guidance on these regulations, see the US Department of State website[FONT=&amp], the [/FONT]Bureau of Industry and Security website[FONT=&amp], and our [/FONT]military items policy[FONT=&amp].[/FONT]

[/FONT]

It is just a cheap red dot from China with free shipping. How soon are they going to be regulating belly button lint?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Pretty slick that our out of control government is using the ITAR as another way to restrict that which shall not be infringed.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    So it is legal to Import it from China? But once the item gets here, it is restricted to only ownership and use in the US?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I think it is just boilerplate warning used to cover their ass.

I'm going to go with this too. From my limited work-related, never used ITAR training, I don't think it applies to a cheap china-made red-dot.

From my again limited training and experience with it , ITAR does not restrict the importation of anything, only export.

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    I've ordered some knock off taco mag holders from China and a couple of slings from Russia through eBay and never had any problems

Top Bottom