• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Up for trade is a 1970 Ithaca 37 Featherlight Pump Shotgun. I got it on a whim from a buddy - my grandpa hunted with an Ithaca 37 decades ago and when this one fell into my lap I thought I'd take it in and see what I could do with it. I half-thought about turning it into a utility gun for around the farm, but after shooting it I can't bring myself to do it - I'd like to see it in the hands of someone who will use it as intended.

This is a smooth shooting field gun - while I'm not a hunter, I took it out to bust some clays and it performed very well. I already have a nice clay gun though, so as well as this shoots, I just don't have a need for it. It is one of the models that will pump-fire (ie., hold the trigger, pump, when it falls into battery it will shoot, some say slam-fire) if that's neat to you.

It IS a 1970 field gun, though - the bluing has matured to a worn patina, the wood is worn and has dings and scratches - long story short, while it's a used shotgun, its one heck of a used shotgun that may not be pretty, but is certainly a fantastic shooter.

IMAG0710.jpg

WILL TRADE FOR:

I'm looking to trade this shotgun ONLY - I won't even entertain cash offers unless they're significantly higher than the value of this shotgun. I don't need to sell, and I don't mind this shotgun staying right where it is.

I'm looking for the following, as a guideline - feel free to make other offers but please don't be offended if I decline!

Shotgun - About the only shotgun I'm interested in offhand is another Ithaca, in a shorter-barrel variety. Something like a Deerslayer Police Special, or maybe a Defense Model, with an 18.5 or 20'' barrel. THIS IS MY IDEAL TRADE!

Rifles - I'd entertain about anything, so long as it's in a modern caliber that I can buy - ie., something WalMart would have on the shelf. Even pistol-caliber carbines are okay with me - a .357 lever action would be right up my alley. I would not be interested in bone-stock 10/22s or Marlin Model 60 rifles unless you wanted to back that up with a decent amount of ammo or something.

Handguns - I'm pretty open here, with the same caveat that I'd like it to be in a modern caliber that I can find for sale. I tend to favor the older, classic stuff in a handgun - I wouldn't turn down a polymer-framed handgun but I'd certainly be more picky on them. I like revolvers of all sizes - if I'm going into a semi-auto, I appreciate a medium to large frame. Nothing against the little LCPs and similar, but they're not for me.

I'd consider a nice red-dot - EOTech, Aimpoint, Meprolight, etc.

Other stuff? Send me a message - the worst I can do is say no, right?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'll bump one time, give this a few days, then lock it down - who doesn't need a new project?

EDIT - thread closed. Still have this shotgun but not in any hurry to get rid of it.. if you would happen to see this and be interested, PM me, but certainly no promises - the further we get from 24 May 2014, the less likely I am to be interested in trading it off anyway..

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom