It's almost 2016, why do you NEED an AR-15?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Mandatory follow up question:

"By what authority do you question what a reasonable, responsible, law-abiding adult can or cannot own that does not violate fellow citizens rights?"

Luckily I am (for the time being) able to ask whatever I want in America. But really, I was just wondering what peoples reasons where. As some have mentioned in here, the AR platform isn't my favorite, but in my opinion, I need (at least) one because something could happen to my Tavor. I'm not one to argue against owning a firearm, but was curious about some of the reasons/justifications for owning them. I also have many guns that I purchased for fun, because going PEW PEW is a lot of fun.

^This was of course before I lost all of my guns in a boating accident.

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    Luckily I am (for the time being) able to ask whatever I want in America. But really, I was just wondering what peoples reasons where. As some have mentioned in here, the AR platform isn't my favorite, but in my opinion, I need (at least) one because something could happen to my Tavor. I'm not one to argue against owning a firearm, but was curious about some of the reasons/justifications for owning them. I also have many guns that I purchased for fun, because going PEW PEW is a lot of fun.

^This was of course before I lost all of my guns in a boating accident.

The reason people are answering your question like I did is because of how you phrased it.

If you've ever argued the 2nd Amendment, and it's relationship to the AR, you'd know that many anti's phrase that question EXACTLY the way you did. The implication being that, in modern times, the 2nd wasn't meant for modern weapons. The "need" argument is usually their justification for supporting a ban of such.

By using the irrelevant 2016 in your title, you've lead everyone to believe you were one of them.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    The reason people are answering your question like I did is because of how you phrased it.

If you've ever argued the 2nd Amendment, and it's relationship to the AR, you'd know that many anti's phrase that question EXACTLY the way you did. The implication being that, in modern times, the 2nd wasn't meant for modern weapons. The "need" argument is usually their justification for supporting a ban of such.

By using the irrelevant 2016 in your title, you've lead everyone to believe you were one of them.

I can't deny that I phrased the title a bit to draw attention. I thought my original post did a bit to counteract that and show that I'm not against owning ARs however also know many people don't read what was posted before them before adding their comments. Either way, some interesting answers and quality responses. :patriot:

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    It is not about need it is about want. The 2nd Amendment allows us to fill our wants. The AR is no different than a 22 semi auto rifle. It is just a platform that holds 30 rounds. People need to get over the assault rife thing it just looks like one.

sonney

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not reading the whole thread, but having the most common rifle means a greater probability of finding parts/ammo when the need is dire.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It is not about need it is about want. The 2nd Amendment allows us to fill our wants. The AR is no different than a 22 semi auto rifle. It is just a platform that holds 30 rounds. People need to get over the assault rife thing it just looks like one.

sonney

The plain looks started out as an economical cost cutting measure to keep it plain jane and focus on function. Assault my ... It's a common rifle with multiple uses. Cost effective functional platform that protects US from tyrants, politicians, and other bad people.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The plain looks started out as an economical cost cutting measure to keep it plain jane and focus on function. Assault my ... It's a common rifle with multiple uses. Cost effective functional platform that protects US from tyrants, politicians, and other bad people.
    but..but.... it's all those accessories that make it look scary and that makes it more deadly. :nailbite:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, it's now 2016 and I still need my ARs. I'm guessing I'll need them in 2017, 2018, 2019 and every year I am on this earth there after.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    "Cost effective functional platform that protects US from tyrants, politicians, and other bad people."

Please don't read anything more into this than a simple question but ....... at what point will somebody, anybody, a group, an entity of us individuals, actually rise up with arms in hand and say ENOUGH? Where is the line? What will it take. What is the line in the sand, or in our case the cornpatch?

And I'm ok with you having an AR-15, or as many as you want.

307SD

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    "Cost effective functional platform that protects US from tyrants, politicians, and other bad people."

Please don't read anything more into this than a simple question but ....... at what point will somebody, anybody, a group, an entity of us individuals, actually rise up with arms in hand and say ENOUGH? Where is the line? What will it take. What is the line in the sand, or in our case the cornpatch?

307SD

I'm happy to hear that you're ok with me having rights and exercising them.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    anything that liberals dont want you to have......choice in health care, lower taxes, choice in candidate, freedom of religion, private schooling, an ar-15........is a must for us to have.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

307SD

There is NO point at which the people are authorized to rise up against our ELECTED gubmint.

The tipping point is when the tyrants start attacking us. then it is Katie bar the door.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom