• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    Today is Bill of Rights Day! December 15th, 1791 was the day the Bill of Rights went into effect. Be sure to write your representatives and let them know what today is. Also remind them that their obligated to uphold the Bill of Rights and you expect them to do so!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yep, another forgotten day has rolled around. There seem to be so many these days. This is one I never miss, tho. Wish there were some parades or celebrations for it, but there aren't. Even local governments want you to forget the BoR. What a sad state of affairs. At least some bloggers, (like moi) remember it. Can't help but wish others would. Wish I had some fireworks!

M107

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Noblesville
    The 1st amendment gives americans the right to speek up about Goverment Tyranny and the 2nd gives them the tools to protect them selfs from Goverment Tyranny. Do you think our founding fathers had an idea what the future could hold? Happy Bill Of Rights Day!!

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    The 1st amendment gives americans the right to speek up about Goverment Tyranny and the 2nd gives them the tools to protect them selfs from Goverment Tyranny. Do you think our founding fathers had an idea what the future could hold? Happy Bill Of Rights Day!!

I'm sure somebody else can explain this more eloquently, but I don't believe the Bill of Rights "gives" us these rights. These are rights that cannot be taken away. A subtle difference, but an important one, IMHO.

It isn't the government that gives you rights if you truly are a free man.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm sure somebody else can explain this more eloquently, but I don't believe the Bill of Rights "gives" us these rights. These are rights that cannot be taken away. A subtle difference, but an important one, IMHO.

How's this for eloquent?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    We at the 2nd Amendment Patriots had a great BORD celebration at the Wedesville VFW post here in SouthWestern Indiana!!! Richard Murdock was our guest speaker, he was great! We had around 200 people in attendance.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom