• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yet, no one TOOK his guns, did they?

No one ever said a person shouldn't stand up when necessary, which this man DID. Looks like (from the pic he posted) most of the LEO's were just standing around. Nothing wrong with backup LEO's showing up IN CASE there actually WAS a cause for concern. LEO's are entitled to look out for their own safety, and need to investigate when called upon to do so.

The 'error' was his wife letting them in the house in the first place.

Actually, looks like a great picture of his son holding a .22, that (based on the smile on the son's face), Mr. Young Man likes to shoot. Good for him!

Investigate what? How does a pic of a child holding a firearm warrant an investigation for anything?

My guess is the wife didn't know the combo to the safe or knew enough not to open it without her husband. Letting the LEOs in might have occurred before they were completely honest with their reasons for for showing up. At which point, she realized what was going on. In which case, she realized her "error" and sought her own back up.

I would also guess that had she opened that safe, at least one of the firearms would have been confiscated for some reason.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    so us having kids that want to get into shooting and hunting just like dad/mom/both, is now being frowned upon? thats crap! i have 2 kids one on the way. if they tell me that they want to try it ill let them. they will be instructed SAFETY FIRST. if they want to continue, then all the proper classes for hunting/shooting will be done. they aint going to stop my kids from doing what they enjoy!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    No one ever said a person shouldn't stand up when necessary, which this man DID. Looks like (from the pic he posted) most of the LEO's were just standing around. Nothing wrong with backup LEO's showing up IN CASE there actually WAS a cause for concern. LEO's are entitled to look out for their own safety, and need to investigate when called upon to do so.

It was OK for them to refuse to show ID when asked and try to bully him into allowing them access without a warrant?

"They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe."

This was OK with you? Because I disagree. I have a real problem with bullies and especially when it's done under color of law.

Indiana Camper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Well my daughter's pic holding her Cricket .22 has been on my FB for a few years and so far no DCS at my door. She was 5 when she got it. Pic was probably taken when she was 6. She's 9 now.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well my daughter's pic holding her Cricket .22 has been on my FB for a few years and so far no DCS at my door. She was 5 when she got it. Pic was probably taken when she was 6. She's 9 now.

Crickets do not resemble the "evil black gun"... or assault rifle that has doomed all of humanity.

Some soccer mom friend of this guy saw an opportunity to call in the father for being a "gun nut". She doesn't like this sort of thing and knew she could anonymously call it in (ie GERMANY circa 1939) and save that poor lad from his own father.

After further review this sounds more like something an ex-wife would enjoy doing. +11" to him for not caving in... that's a pressure cooker that has to be danced through with finesse.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    This is what I pulled off the site:

"The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.

I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did. "
    That's great the guy stood his ground. At the same time, he's very lucky that just one, out of that group, didn't decide to take their frustrations out on him and start clubbing him or even worse, all over defending his rights. I would like to think those type incidents don't happen but the fact is, they do.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    That's great the guy stood his ground. At the same time, he's very lucky that just one, out of that group, didn't decide to take their frustrations out on him and start clubbing him or even worse, all over defending his rights. I would like to think those type incidents don't happen but the fact is, they do.

While I obviously would not want to have my a** kicked by a bunch of power-hungry LEOs, I think I would look upon them doing so as a financial opportunity, both as representatives of their department for failing to train them correctly and individually for exceeding their authority as officers of the law.

Of note: I refer specifically to the officers who would exceed authority in this manner (not to all LEOs) as being "power-hungry". I would also expect that the officers there who did not participate in abusing the citizenry would participate in the arrest, trial, and imprisonment of those who were wearing the uniform and going beyond the pale.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom