• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just stopped in to the Lafayette Rural King and found a new glass display case in sporting goods.
    I stopped an employee in sporting goods and inquired about the counter. Yes, they will be selling firearms.
    They hope to be stocked (with firearms) in the next 2-3 weeks.

I did not bother to ask what type, but the display case looks like a handgun case to me.

:rockwoot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Been seeing several of these posts poppin up. Can anyone confirm if this is gonna be company/store wide, or just certain stores?

I have no idea, however, I know the Lafayette store is a corporate store. If one corporate store begins to carry them, I would imagine all corporate stores would. It would make sense.

Franchise stores may be a different story. Since they are ostensibly privately owned, they could probably get away with refusing to sell.

The bigger point here is, obviously Rural King corporate is not forbidding the practice.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I tried to buy a muzzle loader from them last fall. They had a mandatory store rule for a waiting time. I explained that the Federal law requires no wait time and for a muzzle loader that will not take a conventional rifle or pistol cartridge, there is no NICS record required. The manager said I was correct but basically said, it was their store so it was their rules.

I drove down the street and bought one at a local gun store.

I hope Rural king does not decide to add their store imposed "waiting time" to the new gun sales.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I was there on Saturday. The empty glass cases match the empty ammo shelves on the opposite side of the aisle.

I first thought that they were just going to put the ammo in the display cases, but now that I see the posts of selling handguns, it all makes sense. It will be interesting to see what they do carry. More stores equals more competition which hopefully means lower prices.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Is there a way to tell if a local Rural King is a corporate or franchise store? Btw, I stopped in the Muncie one yesterday and they have not made a decision either way on selling firearms.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I sure hope the Frankfort Rural King starts to carry firearms! I have bought ammo there, and many other things. Will be in more if they carry guns!

prepgal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Bloomington
    Was on the west side of Bloomington yesterday and noticed Rural King has moved into the old Walmart building behind Sams. A new store, I'm excited!

PopFizz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Been seeing several of these posts poppin up. Can anyone confirm if this is gonna be company/store wide, or just certain stores?

Went into my Kokomo Rural King and confirmed they will be carrying handguns, shotguns, rifles, and muzzleloaders. They are one of 24 stores that are carrying firearms. They got their cases in two days ago and product will arrive starting next week. Rumor there is about 20-30 handguns and approx. 50 or so ARs coming. They are unsure if they'll get ammo to go along with them.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I know they are going to stock Sig and Colt and my brother could not remember what the 3rd brand was the sales rep told him ?? Martinsville store had Sig AR's and handguns last week

tonyinindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Martinsville actually has a full display case. No left handed models, but there was plenty of right handed to chose from. They had plenty of .45 ACP.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I stopped in to the Lafayette store. They did have guns, just not a very good selection. Oh well, guess it saves me time when making the rounds.

NightOwl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    I was in the Niles, MI R-King today and the sporting goods clerk told me they will be selling guns by Oct-Nov 2013. He said that particular store is supposed to have the largest selection in the entire chain!:patriot::ar15:
    Big R in in Elkhart is supposed to FINALY be selling guns this Fall.:rockwoot:

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom