Its fun smacking down liberal anti gunners.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I know everyone has that one friend. I'm no different. I posted the story about the California officer that was slain by a prohibited person fresh out of jail with a stolen gun, and how it was impossible since they have such strict gun laws.

He responded that he doubted highly that another gun would have done any good, and would have just ended up with more victims. After all, if a highly trained officer can get killed, one of us casual carriers are not going to win either.

I then had the pleasure of pointing out an unnamed CO and another police officer who would disagree with his assesment. (via links about the two recent civilians shooting perps attacking LEOs)

He was completely shut down. And it was glorious.

I did at least get him to agree that criminals dont follow laws and arent actually doing any good.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I love it when they trot out the tired cliches and slogans of how they think the world is and you happen to have real life stories of how the world really is. That story about the CO down in Rising Sun ought to be a poster child of what can happen when the "good guys/gals" have guns.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I love the look on their face when after all attempts to get them to at least listen to reason, I drop the "I will make sure that if anybody walks in and wants to hurt you that I will do absolutely nothing to help"

Now I'm a jerk for not caring what happens to them. :rolleyes:

Good for you CM

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    The standard response from an anti-gun poster is to get people to believe that if a gun is not the saviour in EVERY situation then it cannot be the saviour in ANY situation. Therefore, why own or carry a gun?

I run across this all the time and it is easy to refute with both logic and emotion -- shutting the poster off with either type of person reading the thread. But it is important to point out what deception the poster is trying to get away when I answer his charge.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What the hell is a prohibited person? Is that like an illegal gun?

Oh and good on you for deflating his balloon!

Someone who is ineligible to possess a firearm. In this case a convicted felon (and gang banger) out of prison less than 30 days.

The standard response from an anti-gun poster is to get people to believe that if a gun is not the saviour in EVERY situation then it cannot be the saviour in ANY situation. Therefore, why own or carry a gun?

I run across this all the time and it is easy to refute with both logic and emotion -- shutting the poster off with either type of person reading the thread. But it is important to point out what deception the poster is trying to get away when I answer his charge.

And why own a fire extinguisher? You dont know that it will always work in every situation, so why bother? How do you know you will get to the fire while it is still small enough to be handled by a portable unit?

LOTS of failed logic out there. Almost all of it wishful thinking.

Hell, they'd outlaw hunger (literally) if they believed it would actually work, regardless of its actual efficacy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I tell them, if not having a gun gives me a 5 percent chance of living, and having a gun gives me a 10 percent chance... I'll take the 10 percent every time.
    There are no do overs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom