• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'm a gun snob apparently, and have my needs/wants met with my current collection. It's hard to justify plunking down money for a gun I don't really, really want or need just for the hell of it.

Handguns aren't my fave to shoot anyway, so there's even less motivation.

Really? Why not?

I love shooting handguns, rifles and shotguns.

I ran into a similar situation a few weeks back. Wanted a new gun, but had nothing in particular in mind at first. I Eventually settled on a Buckmark Whisper. Fun and CHEAP to shoot. It's a great feeling having shot all afternoon at Atterbury for about the cost of putting one magazine through the M&P357. It's a little tackdriver too. I can't wait to dress it up with a can.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Really? Why not?

I love shooting handguns, rifles and shotguns.

I ran into a similar situation a few weeks back. Wanted a new gun, but had nothing in particular in mind at first. I Eventually settled on a Buckmark Whisper. Fun and CHEAP to shoot. It's a great feeling having shot all afternoon at Atterbury for about the cost of putting one magazine through the M&P357. It's a little tackdriver too. I can't wait to dress it up with a can.
    Contrary to a previous poster's failed reading comprehension, I don't dislike handguns. I just like rifles more. Which means that when I find something I like in handguns, I tend to stick with it because I don't like them enough to be okay with purchasing one that ultimately ends up sucking major donkey balls.

why are sigs off the table? a sig pro in .40/.357 would be great and you would still have money to spare.
    Believe me, I have tried liking them. I've nothing against them specific to their manufacture/design/etc. But a Sig and I just don't mesh well. They feel unbalanced and top heavy to me, and I don't point shoot with them nearly as well as with others.

I always consider a 1911 when i get that itch
    That's always at the top of my list, but I'm a little too practical for my own good sometimes, and I don't want to spend money on what I already have. If I'm gonna part with the dough, I wanna get something new and exciting. That's why Glocks (and XDs) are off the list too.

I appreciate the suggestions. I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to check out a few at the gun store the next time I get a chance to go. I'll even post pics of the new family member if I adopt one.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    are you familiar with sig pros? they are far different than metal frame sigs, I would be more than happy to let you shoot mine to either like it or totally eliminate it as an option.

Top Bottom