It's July 1st... Let's see your auto knives. Pic thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Here are a few shows coming up that I will be attending.

July 13 & 14 - Crown Point
    July 20 & 21 - Kokomo
    August 10 & 11 - Lafayette
    August 17 & 18 - Greenfield
    August 23,24, & 25 - Indy 1500
    September 7 & 8 -Crown Point
    September 14 & 15 - Kokomo
    September 28 & 29 - Valpo
    October 12 & 13 - Ft. Wayne
    October 18,19, & 20 - Indy 1500
    October 26 7 27 - Crown Point
    Too good to come to Evansville I see...........;)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Too good to come to Evansville I see...........;)

I have done the Evansville shows before, both at the fair grounds and National Guard Armory. Just never did well enough to justify continuing to do them. Part of the problem is there are two promoters (2 different shows), and usually there is a show every month, some times 2 shows in the same month. IMO, Evansville is saturated with shows to the point that it is hard to be profitable when someone like me has a higher than normal overhead (expense) for a show that far away.

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have done the Evansville shows before, both at the fair grounds and National Guard Armory. Just never did well enough to justify continuing to do them. Part of the problem is there are two promoters (2 different shows), and usually there is a show every month, some times 2 shows in the same month. IMO, Evansville is saturated with shows to the point that it is hard to be profitable when someone like me has a higher than normal overhead (expense) for a show that far away.

as i hear it, the promoters dont like each other, and at times they have put the show on at the same weekend!, and at least one time the same weekend as the boonville show! so 3 shows in a 30 min drive!, that's not saturated, its oversaturated!!!!! . i work at a shop in evansville, and have seen people come in with both show stamps on their hand, and complaining about paying 11.00 to get into 2 shows and not seeing prices any better than a lgs!

wish there was enough demand for you to come back to the evansville show, i talked to you and sheila about a esee izula, but didnt have the cash at the time, and had to buy it online.most of the knives at the shows here are UBER CRAP, with a few CRAP blades, and every now and then some good blades sprinkled in(but i did see my first sebenza at the 4h show about a year ago, but that dealer has not been back since)

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I bought a Black Ops Taiwanese Lightning OTF Dual-action Auto to dip my foot in the foray of Auto's. Non-serrated black blade.

Received it and started carrying it on the 1st. Fun little guy for $40. I'll definitely be checking out Brad's inventory at the next 1500...I'm already planning for something better. :rolleyes:

lightning%20Taiwan%20Bk%20Blade%20Bk%20handle(1).jpg

Just remember that the Black Ops in Taiwan might now be the same as that of Navy Seals :patriot: for example...:D

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok, So how does the law work when going over state lines? My LTCH is good in KY where my family lives, can I carry an auto there? I really really REALLY want one!

It is my understanding that autos are not illegal in Kentucky and thus you can carry from Indiana into Kentucky if you have a LTCH which is recognized in KY. However, IANAL.

http://www.awsg.us/automatic-knife-laws-by-state/

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    :laugh: I love the video...LMAO!

This just reinforces some of the points that I have tried to convey to the INGO community.....there is a lot of junk OTF knives out there that will fail in a very short time. It is especially important to buy quality when you are already dealing with a design that can be finicky.

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Straight from the website:

Shadowtech D/A OTF Automatic Dagger Knife w/ Glass Breaker (3.25" Satin Plain)

The Shadowtech is a double-action OTF knife! It fires in and out automatically by using the side mounted sliding button. The stainless steel dagger blade is double edged with a satin finish. The action on the knife is surprisingly smooth and it works reliably. This knife's black finished handle is slim and features a pocket clip with a glass breaker tip. This is a light duty knife that is fun and convenient, but the bottom line is that it's a letter and box opener.
    Please Note: This knife is a budget OTF knife and will misfire occasionally. Keep it well lubed with a light oil; we recommend Tuf-Glide. These are sold as-is. If you are looking for a nicer knife, please view our OTF Lightning Knives - CLICK HERE!

:rofl:

What's funny is they're trying to up-sale from this knife to a Lightning...
    "...and if you don't like THIS diarrhea, then you should really go for the constipation model..."

Oh well.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom