• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I have a 2001 Ford F150 with 225,000 miles that I have a feeling will call it quits in the next year-ish. I have started looking around at new trucks and thought I would get some input. What newer trucks (2010 and newer) do you have? What do you like about them? What do you not like? I'm looking at another F150. I love my current truck and honestly I love the fact that Ford gave the finger to the government and the bailout. Anybody have a new F150? What about the ecoboost engine? Thanks for the help!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I got my first new truck in January. I got a 2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4X4. I wanted an F-150 ECOBoost but the price difference was just to much.

The EcoBoost I test drove was freaking awesome. I will get one next time.

That is if they even have gas engines available by the time I can afford another new truck.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Dads extended cab 4x4 chevy is an great truck. I will admit it is expensive one but it rides better than a caddy has plenty of power and still busts even the biggest Indiana snows.

I bought his 1993 chevy pickup and still use it as a driver/hunting truck.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Trucks

I like the EcoBoost but I'm always cautious about new designs. I'd rather let somebody else find out if the EcoBoost engine has the same spark plug issues they had with the Triton. That aside, the new F150 looks great!

I'm driving a 2006 Tundra crewcab V8 AWD. 80K+ miles and still on the original brakes. Smallish-by-truck-standards 4.7 engine but plenty of power since I don't do any towing. Toyota claimed an extra 100 HP and better fuel economy with the 5.7 introduced in '07 but I don't like the new body style as well as my '06 or the new Fords. The Tundra has given me no reason to think about a new truck........yet!

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    The EcoBoost is a phenomenal engine...definitely the way to go. Just have a look at the torture test series of videos...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttMD-n2D_18[/ame]

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Get a truck that can do it all, I did, In 10/23/2008 I bought a brand new Ford F-250 6.4 diesel turbo, super cab, long bed, I have plenty of speed & power !!!

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    lol at ford not taking government money.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/10/report-ford-using-government-backed-loans-to-pay-off-debt/

as far as a new truck, honestly its all about your preference. i like the dodge drivetrain but the ford interior is miles ahead of dodge. that was supposed to be fixed for 2013 but i havent seen a 2013 ram yet. id say drive them all and pick one. now that ford and chrysler are over their financial turmoil they are producing really nice stuff.

Last edited:

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I haven always liked the looks of the Ram. Its a sharp looking truck. From what I can tell all of the major manufacturers make a pretty decent truck. They all seem to know that trucks are not where you cut corners.

The more I look at it the more I am interested in the ecoboost engine. V8 performance in a V6 is quite interesting. It would sure get better gas mileage than my current truck (around 15 mpg) . I have the 5.4L Triton V8 so I am a little worried about power from a V6 but the engine does look good. I will be getting a supercrew because I will have this truck for a long time and want it to be able to accommodate kids in the future.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Dodge will finance anyone for one, also they will do anything to get you to buy, warranty for one. Their desperate. Just want em off the lot

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I am surprised to see so many people duped by the ecoboost hype. A V6 in a fullsize truck is a joke, no matter how you spin it. Turbos are not known for longevity--no turbo is going to last 225k on a gas engine.

Technology changes a lot, but in 2012, there's still no replacement for displacement. I think that Ford is going to eat a lot of $$$ in warranty claims and its experimental turbocharged V6 fullsize trucks will go down in history as a huge mistake that everyone fell for and nobody saw through. I know a guy who is an engineer at Eaton (making superchargers) who feels exactly the same way.

I have two trucks, a 2000 Ranger and an '05 Ram 3500. Trucks are so expensive that I'm not sure I'd ever buy another new one unless I got an amazing deal. Luckily, when I bought my Dodge, I got every option I wanted--I ordered it--because a new truck is a big decision and will stick with you for a long time.

Top Bottom