• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timber1033

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    indianapolis
    I have had several online backorders for 22 lr ammo and it has been several months and still haven't heard anything. The places that do have it in stock are charging outrageous prices.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Here in northwest indiana many calibers are readily available, .223, .556, .308, .270, .243, .40, .45 etc., however 9mm, .38 special, .380, & of course .22's are almost non existant on the shelves locally. There usually is some of the hornaday and other higher priced hp rounds but not much for the bulk target..shortage Iis far from over and as far as im concerned until the Muslim president is out of office its not gonna get much better. Prices will definitely stay inflated when it all does come back in full swing

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I said last summer that prices would start to fall in late 2013 and return to normal by spring 2014. That seems to be right on schedule.

The only thing that will hurt us is the republicans losing the House in the fall election. While it seems impossible, if we think that it can't happen then it will. For the most part the republicans are still being encouraged to fight among themselves. And the democrats are using every resource that they have to get out their voters.

That is what happened in 2012. The democrats allowed us to believe that it was in the bag, got our expectations up for an easy win. Then got us fighting. At the same time they had a low key get out the vote campaign going that used very little media (thus we heard nothing about it and assumed that the democrats were doing nothing). We got defeated even if it was only by 1%.

There's no way in hell that will happen this November. The Democrats will be lucky to maintain their majority in the Senate. They've completely written off any remote chance of even gaining seats in the House. Right now, the two major election forecasters (538 and Sam Wang) are showing the Republicans taking the Senate 51-49 and picking up a few seats in the House.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Considering that America's last lead smelter was closed down a while back,I'd be surprised if .22 ever reached the same good prices again.I'm just going to be laughing when everyone does what I did and ditches the caliber altogether.Take that hoarders!

I did the exact same thing...well I never even took it up. Was looking to start doing 22LR from a pistol with a conversion kit and started shopping for .22 and I guess I hadn't gotten the memo. I was stunned to find out that I could shoot 9mm for almost HALF the price of shooting .22!!! (I reload with pulled 9mm proj btw). That's beyond ridiculous and the only way to stick it to the hoarders and gougers is to just opt out. The problem now is a shortage of my favorite powders and I'm finding it hard to opt out of reloading. So now I'm REALLY starting to get pissed. Luckily SOME powders are coming back online at decent prices so all is not lost.

Brassman65

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    anderson
    Just about the time you think something will continue forever, it changes.

True but I think the change in our time was they idea of hey we can cut production by 20% raise the price by %20 and make a killing. And lets not forget the rise of hey my cousin earl works at walmart I wonder if he will let me buy all the 22lr

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    in walmart in huntsville tx last tuesday...their shelves were full of all ammo except the 22lr....they said they never know what will be in the shipment until the truck arrives...prices were very close to normal on the ammo they had...that's a good sign...

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    also, i checked three other walmarts in the area and their shelves were not nearly as full as the huntsville store.....guess where i'm going tomorrow........

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Can't we just reclaim the lead out of all the products China sends us. Paint, children's toys, that kind of stuff?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Wishing this scare was actually over or at least the .22 demand would slow down. Just got my first NFA item (.22 suppressor) earlier this month and no .22 to shoot through it. The demand has to settle down sometime right?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I bought 5.56 at 36 cents a round.

I did NOT, on the other hand, wait by the counter at my local Walmart for the 22 ammo, that ive been tracking.

Once that **** stops, the "scare" will be over.

We are out own worst enemy.
    THIS x 10.

When I can buy rimfire ammo, I'll be happy again.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When people leave .22 LR on the shelves and buy only a box or 2 or 1 brick at a time, or pass on an e-mail notification for ammo.....the PANIC (not scare, panic) will end.

Not until then.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Steel cased lead round nose .22 LR @ $10.95/50. Problem solved.

Just don't buy more than you need to use right now at decent prices....and don't buy at those prices at all.

Top Bottom