• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Obviously false, as charges have been brought before. :dunno:
    :scratch: Trying to figure out what you’re saying. I think he was saying that the thing that wasn’t new, was the knowledge that the Obstruction charge was invalid. We all knew that, except for the people who were eager to believe it. So I have to ask, what are the charges that have been brought before?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Charges were made because the Democrats promised their base they would impeach Trump. The effort started November 9, 2016 according to Washington Post headlines.
    Charges were made; they were not valid charges.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :scratch: Trying to figure out what you’re saying. I think he was saying that the thing that wasn’t new, was the knowledge that the Obstruction charge was invalid. We all knew that, except for the people who were eager to believe it. So I have to ask, what are the charges that have been brought before?

That’s not how I took it. Perhaps he can clarify if he was only speaking of obstruction charges.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Charges were made because the Democrats promised their base they would impeach Trump. The effort started November 9, 2016 according to Washington Post headlines.
    Charges were made; they were not valid charges.
    The obstruction charge was not valid. The other, wasn’t invalid, as there was quid pro quo. It’s that they lacked evidence to prove that it was primarily for Trump’s personal gain. The Senate should have thrown out the obstruction charge straightaway. Then, of course the vote to acquit on the abuse of power is appropriate.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Meh.

It was all a farce from the beginning as evidenced by everything from Princess Pelosi's Souvenir Impeachment Pens, to her delay of the presentation of the articles, the Impeachment Parade to walk them over, and her rejection of the verdict.

Political theater and much ado about nothing.

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Meh.

It was all a farce from the beginning as evidenced by everything from Princess Pelosi's Souvenir Impeachment Pens, to her delay of the presentation of the articles, the Impeachment Parade to walk them over, and her rejection of the verdict.

Political theater and much ado about nothing.

Maybe those pens are little ticking corona virus time bombs...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's my understanding, he retire at Lt. Col pay grade, but got a promotion to full bird.

Military ranks have always baffled me. I mean, in general (small g), officers go Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, General, right? But then they throw in things like "Lieutenant Colonel", and "Major General". What happened to "Major Colonel" or "Colonel General"? It's like they skipped a step backwards somewhere. :scratch:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Military ranks have always baffled me. I mean, in general (small g), officers go Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, General, right? But then they throw in things like "Lieutenant Colonel", and "Major General". What happened to "Major Colonel" or "Colonel General"? It's like they skipped a step backwards somewhere. :scratch:

WAY back in the day (I'm talking WAY back) the 2-star General was a Sergeant Major General. It was shortened to Major General sometime WAY back also. Sergeant Major General just seems wrong, that's a Flag Officer, that ain't no Sergeant and should never try to take the title.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's my understanding, he retire at Lt. Col pay grade, but got a promotion to full bird.

With very few exceptions there is a service commitment to retire at a rank. Probably three years for Colonel.

I guess this leaker won't be able to get the really good tee-times at the base golf course.

Edit: Also, retired PAY is based when you came on active duty. I was "High-3". Average of base pay for the highest three years of pay, then a percentage based on years of service. I am a retired Senior Master Sergeant because I wore the rank longer than the service commitment to retire at that rank (2 year service commitment, I wore the rank 2 years and 4 months.) My retired pay is based on that time and 8 months of Master Sergeant pay.

I had a bud wear SMSgt for about a year, then retired because of a job opportunity. He's a retired MSgt (SMSgt less than 2 years), but retired pay is based on High-3, which is higher than MSgt pay.

The leaker probably opted for High-3, even though he'd have come in under the Redux retirement. Early 2000s you could opt in to High-3.

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    With very few exceptions there is a service commitment to retire at a rank. Probably three years for Colonel.

I guess this leaker won't be able to get the really good tee-times at the base golf course.

My FiL retired from the Navy as a Commander. He was 2nd in command of Naval Ocean Systems out at Point Loma. Driving on to base with my MiL was always a trip those Marines at the gate were very respectful.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think there should be completely different designations for generals. So the lowest ranking general would be a flunky general. Then a regular general. Then a poohbah general, and finally, for the whoop-tee-doo boss general, we’ll call them a grand poohbah general.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

The way I remember it is
    Second Lieutenant - butter bar (O1)
    First Lieutenant - silver bar (O2)
    Captain - two silver bars (O3)
    Major - brass oak leaf (O4)
    Lieutenant Colonel - silver oak leaf (O5)
    Colonel - eagle (O6)
    Brigadier General - silver star (O7)
    Major General - two silver stars (O8)
    Lieutenant General - three silver stars (O9)
    General - four silver stars (O10)
    General of the Army - five silver stars (O11) - only during wartime

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think there should be completely different designations for generals. So the lowest ranking general would be a flunky general. Then a regular general. Then a poohbah general, and finally, for the whoop-tee-doo boss general, we’ll call them a grand poohbah general.
    It’s too bad they kicked the guy with the grand Pooh Bah general idea out of the meeting.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It may have been the hat? :dunno:
    35244823956_2cfb448dc6_z.jpg

grand_poobah_embroidered_cap-r09a06db70f254b5eb88f5a5853d1be0c_65f3k_8byvr_512.jpg

Top Bottom