Its official! XD-S have hit the shelves!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    I had the opportunity to put a two tone in layaway today but couldn't due to lack of funds. This pistol is at the top of my WANT list but I suppose I will have to wait a while longer.........

I made a promise to the boys that I would pick them up a 22 pistol before I got anything else for myself. So, I made good on it and put them a Bersa Thunder 22 in layaway today instead...

Oh, cruel irony. You sting like a mad hornet...... :(

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I've been carrying mine for a little while now,although in an uncle mikes iwb holster till I can get one I want, still just disappears its very nice to forget you have it but to know its there...

jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    Pricing

Hi folks,

What are the prices you have been paying for the XDS ore tax. Have dealers been negotiating any?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    Folks,
    Cabelas' Hammond has two black XDS. $569.99!!!!

Blythes in Griffith has two also at$599.00

Last edited:

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    Fort liberty in Avon will be having a big anniversary sale on the 21st and will have a few xds in stick that day. Both the black and 2 tone. First come first serve. All black are 559 and nit sure about the 2 tone yet. Stop by and check them out. If you check under the advertising section you can see some of the other deals they will be having.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Watch how many people dive on this gun thinking 45acp is going to rule the world out of it...

does 600-650fps with a 230gr bullet or 750-800 with a 185gr bullet sound appealing to you?
    That's 22lr energy levels for those who don't have a calculator handy.
    9mm in 115gr non+P out of a barrel that short would still have twice the energy of the 45acp.

And only 5 rounds in the magazine..? Have to be kidding me. People seem to forget that barrel length is a big equation in a round's performance.

Want a flat carry single stack 45, that's widely available with tons of after market parts supporting it? Get a 1911 and be done with it. Too long? Get a 4.25" commander size 1911, the velocity difference won't be much until you go under 4 inches.

Also, so many people have forgot about the glock 36... it's unreal how people go bonkers over something that's already been done and is widely available.

This ^^. Especially the Glock 36 part and low energy part.

It sure seems to me that a far more effective option would be this:
    Texasdefender-300x219.gif

Rather than 6 or 7 rounds of .45ACP in a somewhat concealable package, I would rather have 2 rounds of .44mag in an even more concealable package.

For the intended use of a gun like this (basically, less than 10 feet), you shouldn't need more than a shot or two, and you DO need big power to get it done with certainty. A .44 mag with a big JHP at arm's length range is about as certain is incapacitation gets under those conditions.

Yes, recoil would suck with the derringer, but if you're shooting it, you've already decided that all consequences from shooting are better than not shooting it. It's moot.

IMO, a gun should either be concealable and the bare minimum you might need to get you out of a sticky situation, or you go big and increase your margin of firepower above the bare minimum.

These guns like the G36 and such seem to be the worst of all worlds to me.

JMO

jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    Holster and Mags

Hi Folk's

I’ll second, Sartwell’s quest. And when are extra magazines going to be available?

It appears that the XDS is just a little longer than my Kahr PM9, which I can easily carry in my pocket. Anyone pocket the XDS?

Holster - Mags, please chime in.

Thanks

:runaway:

:chest:

:ingo:

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    This ^^. Especially the Glock 36 part and low energy part.

It sure seems to me that a far more effective option would be this:
    Texasdefender-300x219.gif

Rather than 6 or 7 rounds of .45ACP in a somewhat concealable package, I would rather have 2 rounds of .44mag in an even more concealable package.

For the intended use of a gun like this (basically, less than 10 feet), you shouldn't need more than a shot or two, and you DO need big power to get it done with certainty. A .44 mag with a big JHP at arm's length range is about as certain is incapacitation gets under those conditions.

Yes, recoil would suck with the derringer, but if you're shooting it, you've already decided that all consequences from shooting are better than not shooting it. It's moot.

IMO, a gun should either be concealable and the bare minimum you might need to get you out of a sticky situation, or you go big and increase your margin of firepower above the bare minimum.

These guns like the G36 and such seem to be the worst of all worlds to me.

JMO

Now shoot that 44 mag without it coming out of you hand and without blowing your foot off! Fun but not practical at all:twocents:

Top Bottom