It's On!!! The 2nd Annual Hush Indiana Summer Suppressor Shoot..August 4, 2012!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Uzi from the Liberty Suppressor Booth. Mixed Sub and Super sonics and you can really hear how much the bullet cracks contribute to the sound.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ypTktA-Xc[/ame]

Full Auto Ruger 10/22 with a Huntertown can on it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bz9jDblxZQ[/ame]

I've always wanted to shoot an MP5 and got a chance at the Down by the Tracks booth.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXgKN4xaDZs[/ame]

Last edited:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I look forward to seeing all the pictures and videos people will likely be posting. I know there should be at least on video of me shooting my M1895 Nagant with a Liberty can (once I was able to track down some proper 7.62 Nagant ammo from Down by the Tracks). :cool:

***Whoops, looks like IndyJoe already posted that video of me. Looks like I'm internet famous now. Let the incessant mocking begin. ;)

That was you with the nagant? I was the guy with the m11 over at libertys stand.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been quiet. We are just now finishing up the Industry testing day!

AAR and door prize winners later tonight. Been a busy weekend!!!

Also can I just say that shooting a bolt action .338 rifle that meters that same as a suppressed 9mm pistol is awesooooooome!!!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been quiet. We are just now finishing up the Industry testing day!

AAR and door prize winners later tonight. Been a busy weekend!!!

Also can I just say that shooting a bolt action .338 rifle that meters that same as a suppressed 9mm pistol is awesooooooome!!!

That WAS awesome!!! I will get the pics of the API rounds sticking through the steel plate off of my phone in a bit. ;)

IMAG0019.jpg

Last edited:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I should have forced myself out of bed today to join you guys....yesterday's heat index BEAT me....

Oh, and for those that missed the chance to get in on the raffles we were doing...we got you covered:
    Plate Rack
    Dueling Tree

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Hello Everyone, I am still cleaning guns and suppressors that were drenched during the shoot.

Here are the raffle winners. AAR to come after I get everything in order.

1. Joe Knight-Mag Tact System .22
    2. Bradley Cypert-Thompson Machine Zombie ZXL
    3. Mike Payne-Kestrel 5.56
    4. James Bell-Kestrel 7.62

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Hello Everyone, I am still cleaning guns and suppressors that were drenched during the shoot.

Thank you kind sir. Excellent event and I will definitely be at the next one. :rockwoot:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

Awesome! So are any of those guys here? I assume mike above is Mike Payne? (if so your parents were one "MAX" away from an epic name! ;) )

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    Yup, I'm here and doing a quick mental inventory of my .223 guns to figure out if I already have a threaded barrel or if I have to go shopping!

Awesome! So are any of those guys here? I assume mike above is Mike Payne? (if so your parents were one "MAX" away from an epic name! ;) )

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Yup, I'm here and doing a quick mental inventory of my .223 guns to figure out if I already have a threaded barrel or if I have to go shopping!

If you have a 223 that doesn't have a staked or pinned flash hider you are good to go.

All of there cans go right on the barrel and they use the standard threads of most manufactures. Take the flash hider off, put it in a zip lock bag with the crush washer, put the Kestrel on and fire away!!!

Jared took the 556 that they had there off of the display AR and put it right on a 10-22 that I got to shoot...I assume that they had the 10-22 threaded, but the AR was just a standard barrel.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Well the smoke has finally started to settle at SSNFA and Hush Indiana. All the rented equipment has been returned, all the soaking wet guns and cans have been detail cleaned and preserved, all the soaking wet t-shirts have been sorted and some dryed (watch for a smoking "end of the old NFA stamp" sale soon!!), Industry day came and went, and all the manufacturers have confirmed they made it home safely. Most importantly I can report that the 2012 Hush Indiana Heartland Suppressor Shoot went off without one injury as far as we are aware.....yeah!!!

I would like to start by thanking all the volunteers that came out, many for a second year in a row. Without the volunteer help (working for a free t-shirt, free drinks and some pizza) this thing would never have happened two years in a row!!

I would also like to thank the four manufacturers that came at considerable cost to themselves, traveling hundreds and one well over a thousand miles to put boots on the ground with fans and potential customers.

So a very special thanks to:

Gemtech (Traveled From Idaho)
    Gemtech_Logo.png

Thompson Machine (Traveled From Florida)
    TM.jpg

Liberty Suppressors (Traveled From Georgia & Eastern Kentucky)
    lstransparent-300x300.png

and the near Hometown Huntertown Arms!!
    huntertown-arms-logo.jpg

As for attendence, we were down from last year for sure. Less through the door and less shooters. It was probably because of the August date (104 Heat Index!!!) instead of June like last year, but it had to be moved due to some family conflicts with college classes/graduation.

As for venue, Once again we appreciate the use of Marion County Fish & Game. It is no secret that a last minute problem did arrise and although efforts were taken to spread the word, I don't think the word spread as well as it should have. Regardless, it will not be a problem as we look forward to exploring invitations that would help the shoot evolve and and expand next year. (centerfire rifles anyone???) This may not be what the Indy crowd wants to hear, but it is needed. If it works then something beautiful may be born. If it doesn't then it may be the end. More on that next winter.....

Once again, thank you all for your support and if anyone if interested in HUSH INDIANA as a club, meeting bi-monthly or so at the Beech Grove Firearms classroom then please contact us through the "contact us" page of www.hushindiana.com.

We will also be having a lower key, Hush Indiana Winter Suppressor Shoot at Beech Grove Firearms Indoor Range this winter as well.

I will leave you with the few pics I took.....all at Industry Day on Sunday.

LIBERTY LEGEND (MOST AWESOMEST SUPPRESSED PISTOL I HAVE SHOT!!!)
    DSC_5720.jpg

HOW DO YOU REST FROM SHOOTING SUPPRESSORS????? SHOOTING MACHINEGUNS!!!
    DSC_5715.jpg

DIFFERENT STAGES OF THE .510 WHISPER
    DSC_5711.jpg

CUSTOM CAN FROM INGO's AMAFRANK
    DSC_5707.jpg

MOST AWESOMEST SUPPRESSED RIFLE I HAVE SHOT!!! SUPSONIC SUPPRESSED .510 WHISPER
    DSC_5704.jpg

VERY COOL SUPPRESSED .338BR (300YD RIFLE THAT METERS THE SAME AS A SUPPRESSED 9MM PISTOL - A CARTRIDGE INVENTED BY INGO'S AMAFRANK)
    DSC_5699.jpg

.338BR CAN
    DSC_5692.jpg

.338BR RIFLE
    DSC_5690.jpg

PIZZA ANYONE?
    DSC_5687.jpg

LIBERTY LEONIDAS .300BLK
    DSC_5677.jpg

METERING AN ORIGINAL COLT MODERATOR ON A SP1 SBR WITH ORIGINAL COLT COMMANDO UPPER.
    DSC_5665.jpg

SOME HOSTS AND CANS
    DSC_5662.jpg

METERING THE LIBERTY LEONIDAS
    DSC_5659.jpg

METERING THE AMA .338LM SUPPRESSOR
    DSC_5653.jpg

THINK IT'S HOT???
    DSC_5654.jpg

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Roger that! Corey got ahold of me yesterday to tell me about my winnings! Couldn't stay at the shoot.

I never herd of MAG TATICAL SYSTEMS? I tried looking up the suppressor I won but came up with zilch.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Corey,
    I'd love to take credit for inventing the .338BR but I can't. That one was done by someone else. I just found the idea irresistible and built one. I believe JD Jones claims to have invented it but I think some of the benchrest guys actually did the first ones using lighter bullets to reach supersonic speed and more accuracy with bigger holes for scores. I'm guessing JD used it suppressed with heavy bullets for quiet shooting. In any case its been around a while and dies are available commercially. Brass is 6 or 7mm benchrest necked up to .338 and we are shooting everything from 180gr bullets supersonic to the 300gr Sierra matchkings subsonic and quiet.

The 510 is pretty impressive and allows you to use a wider range of "active" projectiles like the tracer, Armor piercing incendiery and others as well as a wide range of .510" diameter projos for hunting. I did invent the ND500 which is a slightly shortened version of the 510 and will be legal for hunting in Indiana this year. I've worked up loads for 350 and 450 gr Barnes bullets and I'm getting up around 2000fps now. Should be a great deer round out to 300yd or so. Will be even better when they allow suppressor use for hunting.

Thanks for the shoot

Frank

Top Bottom