• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Sounds fun. I am a winter/cold person myself even if it makes work more difficult. If the trend continues as it has all year we should expect an early winter here as well.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Bring it on!
    I can't wait to throw some snow with my storm trooper mask.

I left a space in Texas for a cold-hater.
    Good luck with dealing with the mosquitoes, roaches, and every other creepy crawly that thrives there. . . including the pollen, mold, and blistering sun that melts dashboards.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    How hard would it be for me to get a job their, and would i have anything left of my check after paying for rent and groceries, hear a gallon of milk is $10.00.

doug1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Crestview, Florida
    How hard would it be for me to get a job their, and would i have anything left of my check after paying for rent and groceries, hear a gallon of milk is $10.00.

It might be that much in the villages but not in town. Job market is strong here but it is expensive. We pay $1,500/ month for rent, $700/ month for 1 child in daycare, $200/ month fr auto insurance basically everything is 30-40% more here. We do, however, make more here than we ever have. Too bad it's still barely enough.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I live in the Louisville KY area and we had the hottest summer on record. The most days over 100, the most days over 90, one of the lowest rainfalls on record. It was miserable here. It was "when did I die and go to hell?" hot... much like Texas. :D

And I have a feeling it will be a cold snowy winter to top it all off. Which will just make my day as the idiots in Lousiville close their eyes, slam on the brakes and head for the nearest car or obsticle at first sign of a snowflake. Or rain drop. Or air molecule...

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    It might be that much in the villages but not in town. Job market is strong here but it is expensive. We pay $1,500/ month for rent, $700/ month for 1 child in daycare, $200/ month fr auto insurance basically everything is 30-40% more here. We do, however, make more here than we ever have. Too bad it's still barely enough.

I've wanted to move to Montana or Alaska for awhile now. Thanks for the insight as to the Alaskan economy. Too bad the lady has already made it clear that she's not interested in Alaska :rolleyes::):

Also, this is my 2,000th post. That is all.

Top Bottom