• smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Update for 10/17/2023
    cbo.gov

"The federal budget deficit was $1.7 trillion in fiscal year 2023, the Congressional Budget Office estimates—$0.3 trillion more than the shortfall recorded during fiscal year 2022. Revenues fell by an estimated $455 billion (or 9 percent). Revenues were smaller than in fiscal year 2022, particularly for nonwitheld income taxes and remittances to the Treasury from the Federal Reserve. Outlays declined by an estimated $141 billion (or 2 percent)."

Remittances from the FED will be zero for a good long while.

Now that 23% of our GDP is just the interest paid on our national debt,where do you think things head from here?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m not sure the thread title works today, and suspicion it never will again. It so so 30 years ago. We conservatives have this thinking that when times get tough clownworld will be forgotten and the people will return to conservative values.

Ain’t happening, they have been trained to turn to Marxism. If you did not see the masses turn to government through the wuwho flu you missed the main event.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    View attachment 311060

It's a statistical fluke! I'll pay the Beretta off by the end of the month, I swear!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember the inflation of the 70s, people were spurred to buy stuff simply because they knew it would cost more next week. Where I worked bills were stamped 1% discount for 10 day payment as receivables held on the books for very long devalued.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I’m not sure the thread title works today, and suspicion it never will again. It so so 30 years ago. We conservatives have this thinking that when times get tough clownworld will be forgotten and the people will return to conservative values.

Ain’t happening, they have been trained to turn to Marxism. If you did not see the masses turn to government through the wuwho flu you missed the main event.
    I like how Elon frames it as the woke mind virus, a civilization threat, is Communism rebranded. Learned a new word, meritocratic. 1 min video...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Killed by interest rates. Not worth it to build a facility at 8%.
    And Inflation.

The report cited a 300% increase in the facility’s construction costs and a “dramatic” rise in financing costs since the project’s initiation, according to Dark Storm managing partner Edward Newman. In a letter to a local government economic program, Newman explained that these factors rendered the project “no longer economically viable.”

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Killed by interest rates. Not worth it to build a facility at 8%.

200w.webp

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom