• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    My soon to be 14 year old son is growing up too fast and it hit me the other day, I need to have "the talk" with him. I am not worried about him just yet, but I know he is changing and may have some questions.

Anyway, I am seeking the expert (or close enough) advice from the INGO community on how to approach him about it.

Blunt, ease into it, use jokes? :dunno:

Help, I am not ready for this rite of passage!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    As Bill Engval said, ask him what he already knows and be prepared to take notes. :):

Seriously, its going to be uncomfortable, but be straight forward and direct. Answer his questions honestly. If you try to soften it or skirt around, he'll just look for answers elsewhere and may not get the message you want him to.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    My soon to be 14 year old son is growing up too fast and it hit me the other day, I need to have "the talk" with him. I am not worried about him just yet, but I know he is changing and may have some questions.

Anyway, I am seeking the expert (or close enough) advice from the INGO community on how to approach him about it.

Blunt, ease into it, use jokes? :dunno:

Help, I am not ready for this rite of passage!

Believe Me, if he is 14, he's already been schooled (maybe improperly) by TV, Movies, Video Games, and his friends. Never too late to go over morals, & cultural values, beliefs and personal hygiene safety concerns.

Good Luck
    :yesway:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    While Bill Engval was joking, it is truly the best way to approach it. if you think about, how are you going to know what someone else "knows" if you don't ask them?

At fourteen I would be willing to bet he knows a great deal more then you want him to. Your main focus should be to reinforce the morals you have raised him with and the consequences of a mans actions (good and bad). He'll thank you later.

Good luck!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    How about father to daughter? I would think father to son would be easier. I was blunt, up front and used terms that she could associate with. Not uncomfortable at all. If they are shy about the conversation then keep on talking, they are listening. There is probably not a word you can use that he hasn't heard or know the meaning of.

Now the masturbation subject is a little more difficult. Best of luck to you.

Top Bottom