Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The media didn't get their gal in office so they're doing and saying anything they can get away with to assure their people get in office.
    This country is divided and isn't going to heal unless we're attacked in a big way.
    I can think of nothing else that might start the healing.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Perhaps when any of President Trump’s relatives go anywhere they should just hitch hike. That would restrict them to the contiguous 48 states ( or 55 states if you use Obama’s math ) but that would rule out Hawaii and Alaska. I guess they could hitch hike to Alaska if they went thru the Canadian provinces. However, that would involve “visiting” a foreign country and that would probably cause diplomatic issues. AND, since we all know that since Sara Palin was humiliated because she said you could see Russia from Alaska, that would complete the “collusion”circle with the Russians and President Trump. Sorry if that is not exactly linear thinking, but oh what the heck.

Let’s face it. There is nothing that Obama did that was wrong - and there is nothing right that Trump will ever do that the left/progressives will agree with. Petulant children will always try to find a way to justify why they should be entitled to something. And given that most left/progressives believe the electoral college is outdated and an election should be won by a simple majority (one vote), they will continue to push towards that the end. And thus will end a 200+ year experiment in a representative democracy also described as a republic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Perhaps when any of President Trump’s relatives go anywhere they should just hitch hike. That would restrict them to the contiguous 48 states ( or 55 states if you use Obama’s math ) but that would rule out Hawaii and Alaska. I guess they could hitch hike to Alaska if they went thru the Canadian provinces. However, that would involve “visiting” a foreign country and that would probably cause diplomatic issues. AND, since we all know that since Sara Palin was humiliated because she said you could see Russia from Alaska, that would complete the “collusion”circle with the Russians and President Trump. Sorry if that is not exactly linear thinking, but oh what the heck.

Let’s face it. There is nothing that Obama did that was wrong - and there is nothing right that Trump will ever do that the left/progressives will agree with. Petulant children will always try to find a way to justify why they should be entitled to something. And given that most left/progressives believe the electoral college is outdated and an election should be won by a simple majority (one vote), they will continue to push towards that the end. And thus will end a 200+ year experiment in a representative democracy also described as a republic.

That is the end game. 1st they must disarm us.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Ah, I remember a time when people where losing their **** over the costs associated with a grandmother living in the White House.

True. But the old gal DID eat a lot. And as a result, used excessive amounts of toilet paper. And then had to flush the toilet a lot. Not cost effective, bro'..... :rofl:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Can I boycott like 98.7%?

I must resist...And I will...Original comment deleted...I think you may have guffawed at it...But alas...

(You know how much a history nerd I am to piece it together yourself...:))

Oh and good call on the skeleton dance reference....You harbor as much useless trivia in your head as I do....:)

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That is the end game. 1st they must disarm us.

CNN is working on that with their claims the Sutherland Springs shooter had a chainsaw bayonet on his rifle . . . as seen on CNN's Twitter.

ETA Re: Newsweek:
    I quit reading them decades ago. Just stumbled across an article they had online about Papa Johns being the official neo-Nazi pizza company. (They are the company bemoaning their revenue drop from the NFL kneeling controversy and had started pulling some of their NFL advertising.) In the lead part of the article is a picture of a pizza pulled down from the Der Sturmer site showing a (generic) pizza with a swastika depicted on it with pepperoni slices . . . implying it was a special Papa John's pizza. Halfway through it they had a photoshopped meme pulled down from the Twitter feed of a raving alt.left looney showing someone in a KKK robe and hood with Papa John's logos on them giving a Nazi salute.

All touted as a Gospel Truth article that Papa Johns had made an agreement to be the official KKK and neo-Nazi pizza company (to replace the NFL agreement?). Yet another sign of the kind of journalism being tossed out today. Anyone stepping back from it would realize the author (another raving alt.left looney) had mashed it together from scratch at their desk in a matter of an hour or less. I don't believe any news source of any kind now.

John

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think the vast majority of people have been, effectively, boycotting Newsweek for years...that's why they are a chintzy shell of whatever they used to be.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's like a booklet of some screen prints or something. No live linking or screen functionality. I think you're supposed to carry it around, maybe as something to read when there's no wifi or cell signal IDK

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Newsweek is still around? Don't think I've seen that rag since the 80s.

I see them in a DR's office on occasion. Have not picked one up in longer than I can remember.

This. My parents used to get both Newsweek and Time sent to the house when I was in high school in the mid 90s. I used to read them both pretty regularly, but haven't touched either since I left for college.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    It's like a booklet of some screen prints or something. No live linking or screen functionality. I think you're supposed to carry it around, maybe as something to read when there's no wifi or cell signal IDK

Actually, NO. They are on-line now. And that sucks even more.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    CNN is working on that with their claims the Sutherland Springs shooter had a chainsaw bayonet on his rifle . . . as seen on CNN's Twitter.

ETA Re: Newsweek:
    I quit reading them decades ago. Just stumbled across an article they had online about Papa Johns being the official neo-Nazi pizza company. (They are the company bemoaning their revenue drop from the NFL kneeling controversy and had started pulling some of their NFL advertising.) In the lead part of the article is a picture of a pizza pulled down from the Der Sturmer site showing a (generic) pizza with a swastika depicted on it with pepperoni slices . . . implying it was a special Papa John's pizza. Halfway through it they had a photoshopped meme pulled down from the Twitter feed of a raving alt.left looney showing someone in a KKK robe and hood with Papa John's logos on them giving a Nazi salute.

All touted as a Gospel Truth article that Papa Johns had made an agreement to be the official KKK and neo-Nazi pizza company (to replace the NFL agreement?). Yet another sign of the kind of journalism being tossed out today. Anyone stepping back from it would realize the author (another raving alt.left looney) had mashed it together from scratch at their desk in a matter of an hour or less. I don't believe any news source of any kind now.

John

I think the Nazi - Papa John's article was misunderstood. It's been reported that Neo-Nazis are buying Papa John's because of their NFL complaint... and now Papa Johns is telling the Nazis they don't wnat their business. I haven't seen anywhere where it is claimed that Papa Johns was seeking Nazi sponsorship.

Okra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Newsweek...haven't picked one up since the 60's.....I thought that went the way of Life and Look.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah, I remember a time when people where losing their **** over the costs associated with a grandmother living in the White House.

People lose their **** when the other does it. But anyway, as for boycotting Newsweek. They're an ideologically left based publication, full of social justice warriors, cashing in on TDS (Trump derangement syndrome). I don't typically consume their publications anyway. It's fake news. It's not because I'm boycotting them. It's just how capitalism works.

Top Bottom