• ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Hey all,
    For starters, iTunes has done nothing but frustrate me, while Windows Media Player has been good to me. Anyway, before I had an iPod, I always used Media Player, but then when I got one a few years ago, I downloaded iTunes. I put all of my wma music onto iTunes and it worked fine for awhile.

Then one day, I uploaded a new OS for the iPod and almost all of my music was taken off my iPod. The only songs that stayed were albums I had directly ripped to iTunes. The rest now have a bubble with an exclamation mark on iTunes and won't transfer to my iPod or play on iTunes. If I click on it to play it, it says the original file can't be found and it allows me to "locate" it, but there's no way I'm going through every song or even every album and locating each file. It'd take all year. I've still got all of my music on Media Player because I use it to play music from my computer because iTunes and I rarely get along, but I'd rather not start from scratch.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Fwiw, it's been like this for awhile now, I'm just finally giving up figuring it out on my own, and it would be nice to have an iPod that actually holds music. It's an iPod Touch, if that matters. Thanks!

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    Hammer is correct. iTunes lost association with the files. You can drag and drop entire folders into your iTunes media folder and it should pick them up again. If there are just individual files, you can click on the iTunes menu and select "Import file..." and then browse to the location of the files.

Myla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Online Everywhere bu
    I would highly suggest and i product users... iphone, itouch, ipod, ipad, all mac products to lregister with an icloud account. This will back up all your music, pics and mail. It also allows you to share on all your devices. Apple - iCloud - Your content. On all your devices.

Even a PC user can use it.

Even I was impressed when I had to wipe my mac book pro with out a CD and I was able to install from the cloud.

OK, got my inner nerd out.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Myla, so you are comfortable with all of your data in the cloud? How secure is it out there?

Thanks! Didn't mean to hijack the thread...I can start a new one if needed....

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    So do I need to clear my library first or just start reimporting all of the music again? Sorry, I'm not very savvy with all of this. I may have to give the cloud a go too. I've heard many good things about it.

Myla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Online Everywhere bu
    Myla, so you are comfortable with all of your data in the cloud? How secure is it out there?

Thanks! Didn't mean to hijack the thread...I can start a new one if needed....

I love the cloud (all clouds). We bank online, we buy online, we expose our credit cards and banking info every time we use plastic. As long as you don't share your passwords and make them a little hard to guess like don't use "password" as your password.... it's all good. That is the way my life works. All I know is it saved my butt on many occasions. Lost my phone. I don't know if anyone really knows anyone's number off by heart anymore. Got a new phone and voila all my contacts, music and pics intact. I track everything, my medical and exercise logs too. Years of data.

A personal choice really. My whole life is in the cloud. Up there somewhere being saved and backed up by uber nerds of the world.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Thanks guys. I just deleted and re-sent everything to my iTunes. Shoulda done this a long time ago. Worked like a charm. You'd think I was 80 when it comes to iTunes.

Top Bottom