• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have a feeling that any time a person's name gets removed from a University building...that name is going to be replaced by another paying individual.

I believe Leadeye has a phrase for that...

That’s typically what happens. “Honorary” names are removed all the time for big donors.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have a feeling that any time a person's name gets removed from a University building...that name is going to be replaced by another paying individual.

I believe Leadeye has a phrase for that...

Jordan Ave is getting renamed as well. There is no donor money involved in that process currently.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have no idea why a university would want to remove the name of a person who was a proponent of the sterilization and segregation of “inferior races” off of one of their buildings. Total leftist rubbish.
    /purple.

Indeed.

It's interesting that the left is now becoming adverse to eugenics.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    IU is removing the name of David Starr Jordan, a respected biologist and founding president of Stanford from it's buildings, displaying another example of academic intolerance. The reason being his papers on eugenics from the 1890s. I've recently wondered how academics have so quickly moved away from looking at historical people as a part of their time rather than seeing everything through the modern lens of intolerance and strict obedience to modern perspectives. Boy howdy, Torquemada has nothing on the modern teacher.

Because it's not academics making decisions like this, it's administrators toeing the party line.

Top Bottom