• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Travis1313

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    I'm trying to reach anyone with the IU student group that has been lobbying for CC to be allowed on Indiana state campuses. If anyone has any contact info could you please send me a private message ASAP. This is a time-sensative request. Thanks.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I would be interested in finding out how I could help. I don't attend IU-B, but another state college and would like to support CC on Indiana state campuses.

Travis1313

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Nope, I'll be back Dan! I was just in a crunch earlier needing that info. Thanks for the welcome!!! Great site here!

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010

It's funny I just saw a report on WRTV news at 11 "Only on 13"talking about weapons on campus. I saw a teaser on the 6 o'clock news and itraised an eyebrow. Maybe a thread should be started to delve into this"hot topic"? Here are some interesting articles:

http://www.usishield.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=883:proposed-firearms-bill&catid=40:campus-news&Itemid=116

and:

http://www.bsudailynews.com/a-concealed-concern-guns-on-campus-1.2534335

after reading both articles...do you think some bias exists?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It's funny I just saw a report on WRTV news at 11 "Only on 13"talking about weapons on campus. I saw a teaser on the 6 o'clock news and itraised an eyebrow. Maybe a thread should be started to delve into this"hot topic"? Here are some interesting articles:

http://www.usishield.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=883:proposed-firearms-bill&catid=40:campus-news&Itemid=116

and:

http://www.bsudailynews.com/a-concealed-concern-guns-on-campus-1.2534335

after reading both articles...do you think some bias exists?

If you think those are interesting you should look up IUPUI's "official response/reason for not allowing carry on campus." :laugh:

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Stundents should realize its called concealed carry for a reason.....just don't talk about it,or brag

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Stundents should realize its called concealed carry for a reason.....just don't talk about it,or brag
    And...that changes the fact that my tax dollars are paying for properties which bar me from my rights HOW?!?

It's not about the ABILITY necessarily. It's also about the illfounded regulation. A student shouldn't HAVE to risk wasting their $80k investment to protect themselves when it's their family's and their own tax dollars which pay for that school property.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And...that changes the fact that my tax dollars are paying for properties which bar me from my rights HOW?!?

It's not about the ABILITY necessarily. It's also about the illfounded regulation. A student shouldn't HAVE to risk wasting their $80k investment to protect themselves when it's their family's and their own tax dollars which pay for that school property.
    This is even more true for faculty/staff of said universities.

Top Bottom