• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Disgusting. Hell, NW almost hung 24 on them in the first quarter. Their defense is horrible. It's like they've never seen a short out route before. How many times did the inside receiver rub off an outside pick and not have a defender within 5 steps of him?

I can't believe that the cupboard was that bare when he got here.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    They are so clueless they think they are going against the Colts for the first draft pick.......

It's too painfull to go to the games...... The best part is watching the drunks party across the street........................

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Folks, not that any of you know it, but Wilson is cleaning house, 7 freshman started on defense.

It's scorched earth time for the upper classmen, that means you practice good, you play. No more days of just being penciled in as a starter because you're a junior or senior.

Also remember that there is a very small percentage of players there that was recruited by Kevin Wilson , most of them was recruited by the illustrious Bill Lynch.

BTW, this is not a causal observation from home while watching TV, I've been a IU season football ticket holder since Terry Hoeppner first year.

Those boys there are going to have to realize that Wilson is the real deal and he means it, and if it takes having to play 22 true and redshirt freshman, then so be it.

BTW, just to show you how close my seats are to the field, I'm on the 15 yard line, 15th row, pics below are shot with a 28-200 Tamron lens using a Canon 40d and was not zoomed in very much.

IMG_7709.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

These was taken last year and the only pics I have this year is of the Ball State game @ Lucas, just have not felt like lugging it in and out this year and have been taking only tailgating pics with my Motorola Droid X.

Tailgating this year, my canopy is on the right.

2011-10-08_12-04-58_237.jpg

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Folks, not that any of you know it, but Wilson is cleaning house, 7 freshman started on defense.

It's scorched earth time for the upper classmen, that means you practice good, you play. No more days of just being penciled in as a starter because you're a junior or senior.

Also remember that there is a very small percentage of players there that was recruited by Kevin Wilson , most of them was recruited by the illustrious Bill Lynch.

BTW, this is not a causal observation from home while watching TV, I've been a IU season football ticket holder since Terry Hoeppner first year.

Those boys there are going to have to realize that Wilson is the real deal and he means it, and if it takes having to play 22 true and redshirt freshman, then so be it.

BTW, just to show you how close my seats are to the field, I'm on the 15 yard line, 15th row, pics below are shot with a 28-200 Tamron lens using a Canon 40d and was not zoomed in very much.

IMG_7709.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

These was taken last year and the only pics I have this year is of the Ball State game @ Lucas, just have not felt like lugging it in and out this year and have been taking only tailgating pics with my Motorola Droid X.

2011-10-08_12-04-58_237.jpg

I'm not a camera guy, but those are some great pictures. I was wondering how many photos you had to take until you got a shot where none of the offensive linemen were flat on their backs?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It would be nice if they could field a team that could at least put on a good show. I was down there for the Lee Corso years... why any network pays him for expert analysis has always puzzled me...

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

IU lost to North Texas who is 2-3 in the Sun Belt conference and 3-6 overall. Their only three wins on the season are against the two worst Sun Belt teams and IU.

If Wilson is the real deal he isn't losing to Ball State and North Texas. IU should have more talent than those teams and they certainly should have better coaching.

I understand IU not being as competitive in the Big 10, because those teams in general have better talent.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm not a camera guy, but those are some great pictures. I was wondering how many photos you had to take until you got a shot where none of the offensive linemen were flat on their backs?

I have literally thousands of pics, I shoot a lot on autowind and get the whole play, the above pics are from the 2009 season.

The lens I used to take them is great in full sunlight, but not when the clouds start popping out. Anyone who cares to let me have a nice 400mm f2.0 lens would be greatly appreciated!:D It would be great to have the $$$'s to buy a fast lens, but that cost more than 2 AR's.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    IU lost to North Texas who is 2-3 in the Sun Belt conference and 3-6 overall. Their only three wins on the season are against the two worst Sun Belt teams and IU.

If Wilson is the real deal he isn't losing to Ball State and North Texas. IU should have more talent than those teams and they certainly should have better coaching.

I understand IU not being as competitive in the Big 10, because those teams in general have better talent.

I guess you entirely missed this:
    and this

Wilson is dealing with what Lynch left him, and if anybody here has followed IU football to any extent will know that he was pathetic, and I'm being really kind with that. Why do you think that not a single football program attempted to pick him up as a assistant, and that includes the FBS and lower division schools.

Heck right now he's Butler's assistance AD, pretty big fall from a BCS head coach to that.

You can't deprogram what Lynch and his assistants did to these kids in the little time that Kevin Wilson has had with them.

While it's not pretty this year, it's more or less a rebuild, next year will be more telling on what the real results are.

They have played a total of 17 or 18 TRUE freshman this year, if the freshman are outplaying upperclassman then that means either they are playing better, or the upperclassman are :poop:.

Another thing to note, if you take away Ben Chappel the last 3 years, IU wins maybe 4 games total. That kid carried the team on his back accounting for almost 85% of the offense.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Wilson is dealing with what Lynch left him, and if anybody here has followed IU football to any extent will know that he was pathetic, and I'm being really kind with that. Why do you think that not a single football program attempted to pick him up as a assistant, and that includes the FBS and lower division schools.

Heck right now he's Butler's assistance AD, pretty big fall from a BCS head coach to that.

You can't deprogram what Lynch and his assistants did to these kids in the little time that Kevin Wilson has had with them.

While it's not pretty this year, it's more or less a rebuild, next year will be more telling on what the real results are.

They have played a total of 17 or 18 TRUE freshman this year, if the freshman are outplaying upperclassman then that means either they are playing better, or the upperclassman are :poop:.

I stand by my comment that I can't believe the cupboard was that bare when he got there. No love for Lynch here, but c'mon.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess you entirely missed this:
    and this

QUOTE]

Save this post, three years from now, you can dig it out and replace "Lynch" with "Wilson" :D

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    IU has a football team?

Seriously, why is someone a "bandwagon" fan because they root for IU basketball and ND football? Can't you just be a fan of the state? I root for whatever Indiana team is playing. If they're playing eachother, I root for the one that the win will do the most good. Seems logical to me, to want your state represented well on a national level...

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    IU has a football team?

Seriously, why is someone a "bandwagon" fan because they root for IU basketball and ND football? Can't you just be a fan of the state? I root for whatever Indiana team is playing. If they're playing eachother, I root for the one that the win will do the most good. Seems logical to me, to want your state represented well on a national level...

ND is part of Indiana?

I thought they are their own country.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    IU has a football team?

Because when I hear "IU basketball / ND Football fan" as stated in a previous post, I hear "IU sucks at football, so I won't support them, but hey I can jump on someone elses bandwagon..." :cool:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Oh, Idk... I mean, I support any indiana team that can represent our state well. I didn't go to any big school. My g/f goes to Purdue and my sister goes to IU. It's lose lose for me so I take the best of the bad options and wear Purdue stuff more frequently.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, Idk... I mean, I support any indiana team that can represent our state well. I didn't go to any big school. My g/f goes to Purdue and my sister goes to IU. It's lose lose for me so I take the best of the bad options and wear Purdue stuff more frequently.
    At least you dress well:yesway:
    :D

I agree with you though, if I wasn't a Boilermaker, I would probably like to see IU do well. I like any in state school to do well, I even root for ND as long as they aren't playing Purdue... :)

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    My son is attending IU right now & the amount of fanfare that goes on gameday ,it doesnt matter if they win or lose.Also interesting to find out that IU is coming off of some type of probation that impairs their ability to draft or recruit potential superstars (Just passing on what my kid tells me,hes in the mix)

Top Bottom