IU Panhellenic Association cancels events with fraternities Saturday amid increasing sexual assaults

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Every year, same time of year, a fresh crop of women go to school and immediately flock to frat houses to get blackout drunk around a bunch of 20-year-old bros who sweat hormones from every pore. Then, they act shocked and outraged when some bad things happen to a few of them. Not to say those things that happen are okay, but at some point you wonder why people keep jumping into the tiger enclosure at the zoo when for the last 20 years you've been watching people jump into the tiger enclosure at the zoo and get eaten. Yeah you can complain all day about how the tiger shouldn't eat people, but that's probably not going to stop him from eating you.

But, anyway, even without the rapey-ness, I've never held a high opinion of fraternities and would not be particularly sad to see the whole system go the way of the dodo.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I never know what the terms mean any more. Are these ones where it was mostly consensual but a day or two later they decide they must have been pressured especially when he didnt call her back? Actual rape? I am fine with making it a capital offense like it was in some places in the old days.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was a Pi Kappa Alpha at GMI in '78-79. Probably the main reason why I wasn't there in fall of '79. :): But I will say the guys in my fraternity were all good guys. No sleazy goings on with the women. Probably because everyone that went there were brainiacs.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was a Pi Kappa Alpha at GMI in '78-79. Probably the main reason why I wasn't there in fall of '79. :): But I will say the guys in my fraternity were all good guys. No sleazy goings on with the women. Probably because everyone that went there were brainiacs.
    Were you the Tri-Lambs?

Top Bottom