• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Indiana State Police-Bloomington District 33-Bloomington, INSaturday April 25th, 2015 :: 07:03 p.m. EDT

Indiana State Police Murder Investigation of IU Student Continues

Brown County – State police detectives continued their work throughout the day today following the autopsy of 22 year old murder victim Hannah Wilson, an IU student who had been reported missing earlier this week.

Information and investigative leads are still being gathered as this investigation is still active. Investigators and the Brown County Prosecutor’s Office encourage anyone with information related to Hannah Wilson’s activities prior to being reported missing to call the Indiana State Police Bloomington Post at (812) 332-4411.

As this case continues to be reviewed and evidence continues to be collected, no new information will be released related to the details of Hannah’s murder, or what led to the arrest Mr. Messel.

Once the investigation is complete and the Brown County Prosecutor has the facts of the case in their entirety, a probable cause affidavit will be submitted to the Brown County Prosecutor’s Office.

While members of the Indiana State Police and the Brown County Prosecutor’s Office understand the level of public interest associated with this heinous crime, it is of vital importance to not compromise this fluid investigation with the release of information that could prove harmful to the judicial process.

The Indiana State Police continue to stress the filing of criminal charges is only the beginning of the process and that Mr. Messel is presumed innocent until and unless guilt is proven in court.

-30-

DURNIL

Address/Location
    Indiana State Police-Bloomington District 33-Bloomington, IN
    1500 North Packing House Road
    Bloomington, IN 47404

Contact
    Emergency: 9-1-1
    Non-emergencies: 812-332-4411

Curt Durnil
    Public Information Office
    cdurnil@isp.in.gov
    812-332-4411

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier:

Abby Tonsing @abbytonsing · 9h9 hours ago

Brown County Coroner Earl Piper reports #HannahWilson’s cause of death is blunt force trauma to the back of the head.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a reason when I was a student there, I only ever drank alone in my dorm room with the doors and windows locked.

Okay, I'm a loner who has no friends, but my point is valid. Loners seldom get drunk where they can get kidnapped/raped.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Falling down drunk girls are easy targets to predators. This sanctuary town attracts them both.

Hopefully, this poor young lady wasn't a part of that, but it's often the case.

ANY college town has those. But why is Bloomington having this is issue so frequently? Is it due to them being so close to the set of Deliverance?

Top Bottom