• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    IUPUI is on lockdown, the text that went out says it is due to an "Active Shooter", but the News is reporting it was due to a nearby armed robbery..

Uhm, "Active Shooter"? Really? Way to panic everyone IUPUI! :rolleyes:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Two different people on the Facebook Article claim to be LEO on College campuses that believe that carrying is illegal at colleges, and state that they are ordered to confiscate firearms.. :\

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You guys are arguing against someone who works for IUBPD and deals with this all the time. Regardless what you argue, try walking on campus while carrying. I guarantee they will confiscate your weapon if you don't leave. This is rich. You are that concerned with walking around a bunch of unarmed kids with a weapon? Lol

Last edited:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Ha! I know half a dozen people who carried on IUB campus in the '90s and '00s. There were more than a few who kept pistols in the dorms as well. "Unarmed kids" indeed!

Ignoring the bizarre rhetorical push to classify adults as "kids." I guess that makes it easier to "think of the children?"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I carried for 3 years at IUPUI in the 90's. the university police never knew because it stayed concealed just as my CCW allowed.

The point being, they are not supposed to confiscate it.
    Concealed is not INVISIBLE.
    Lots of times, other gunners can pick you out, they just don't say anything.
    Or you might be uncovered moving something, or someone goes and smacks the gun or something.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Roadie, your post #6 is coming up "weird" on my computer. There are not "reply" buttons or anything.

But, I tried to find that facebook page. I found the guy, but not his post about the gun.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Two different people on the Facebook Article claim to be LEO on College campuses that believe that carrying is illegal at colleges, and state that they are ordered to confiscate firearms.. :\

:ugh: Not illegal! Against the rules? Maybe...

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    You guys are arguing against someone who works for IUBPD and deals with this all the time. Regardless what you argue, try walking on campus while carrying. I guarantee they will confiscate your weapon if you don't leave. This is rich. You are that concerned with walking around a bunch of unarmed kids with a weapon? Lol[/ QUOTE]

Dude IUPD are wannabes.I've dealt with them and they're cool and all,but they're wannabes.

Top Bottom