• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    IUPUI students are required to be disarmed, and usually have a $700 smartphone and an $800+ laptop.

The shepherd doesn't wonder why his sheep get attacked. He stays close by with a staff.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    IUPUI students are required to be disarmed, and usually have a $700 smartphone and an $800+ laptop.

The shepherd doesn't wonder why his sheep get attacked. He stays close by with a staff.

I recommend quietly disobeying this requirement as a student. Nobody needs to know, and tell no one.

I get the sentiment about Millennials. There's a lot of people that are softer than a bag of mayonnaise...

hoosierglock40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Indianapolis

*required by school policy, not by state law (publicly funded school making anti-carry laws? :dunno:)

that being said, I felt just as safe as every other day walking to the parking garage after late class.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I recommend quietly disobeying this requirement as a student. Nobody needs to know, and tell no one.

I get the sentiment about Millennials. There's a lot of people that are softer than a bag of mayonnaise...

I am softer than a bag of mayonnaise and I am a lot harder than most of those punks!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Phones blew up again about 0400 this AM. Armed robbery at New York and Limestone just east of White River.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    This thread reminded me of a cartoon you might have seen.

In frame 1 is a snowflake with a man-bun and a "no freedom of speech" sign, crying about needing his "safe space".

In frame 2 is a soldier in a smoking mini fallujah, looking over and asking "what the **** is a 'safe space'?"

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They reported that "one gun was black, one was silver" in the description on FB. Hahaha.

I posted "I thought I saw these guys but both of the two I saw had black guns so I didn't call it in". Someone asked me why I didn't call it in just because the guns didn't match. Heh. Purple doesn't work on FB I guess.

Who cares what color the guns are

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They reported that "one gun was black, one was silver" in the description on FB. Hahaha.

I posted "I thought I saw these guys but both of the two I saw had black guns so I didn't call it in". Someone asked me why I didn't call it in just because the guns didn't match. Heh. Purple doesn't work on FB I guess.

Who cares what color the guns are

Or I looked at my gun collection and decided I need to turn myself in based on the description of the firearms...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The person that shared that story on the Indianapolis reddit has some choice things to say. Really, really not making the connection of being able to protect themselves and preventing a stabbing/attack:

reddit.com/r/indianapolis/comments/882nkd/student_stabbed_in_armed_robbery_in_parking/

Many students carry pepper spray. And exactly, for all we know, it could have been a pocket knife. Pepper spray would be just as effective, if not more since it is light and on most students’ keychains (the student had just exited their car). And it doesn’t have he option of becoming deadly force when it’s not necessary. I don’t need the option of a student suddenly snapping in a lecture full of 300+ and legally being able to carry a firearm. I am aware of the “people don’t care about the law” but we don’t make murder/robbery/etc legal because “people break the law”. There is no need for students to carry firearms on a college campus.

As an IUPUI student I feel much more comfortable knowing that everyone around me isn’t carrying a gun.

Edit:

They also seem to think IUPUI is no different than a K-12 school.

Expelled/arrested it is not only against school policy but also against the law. I am aware they’re still alive/unhurt (and that’s a maybe, if the attacker didn’t attack first) but there are still consequences to breaking the law for both parties.

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    The person that shared that story on the Indianapolis reddit has some choice things to say. Really, really not making the connection of being able to protect themselves and preventing a stabbing/attack:

reddit.com/r/indianapolis/comments/882nkd/student_stabbed_in_armed_robbery_in_parking/

Edit:

They also seem to think IUPUI is no different than a K-12 school.
    :tantrum:
    :bash::facepalm::wallbash:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    IUPUI ALERT!! Every phone in the house blew up yesterday afternoon as I'm sure it did for those who are students or have kids at IUPUI (even if they are home for the summer). Our son is still parking on campus since it's close to where he's working this summer, so I'm good with phones blowing up occasionally. Turned out to be an attempted carjacking. See bold and underlined below: did the guy walk out of a hospital and try to carjack someone? Props for the description.

IUPUI Update: The suspect in the robbery is described as a white male, approximately 5'11'', grey hair, no shirt, jogging pants, tattoo on left arm, and hospital band, unknown direction of travel. The victim had minor injuries. Trust your instincts and stay away from the area. If you are not in the area, stay away. Follow instructions from university officials or local authorities. Call 9 1 1 if you have additional information. For available information and updates on this dangerous situation visit emergency.iu.edu.

IUPUI Attempted Robbery Update (6/28/18): This was an attempted carjacking. Here is an updated suspect description: White male, early 50s, short gray hair, gray sweat pants, no shirt. Roughly 5'11". Was wearing a hospital band. Tattoo was on the right forearm. Reported as unshaven.

Top Bottom