• ...and so much more!
  • Sdc963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hey everyone,

I'm a student at IUPUI and I was thinking about starting an IUPUI Gun Club. Would anyone be interested in joining?

sdc963

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Good luck and I mean that. IUPUI is not gun friendly in the least.

Your best bet is to get the LGBT crowd behind you, they get anything they want or they cry and have protests that make the ultra liberal leadership lose sleep.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Hey everyone,

I'm a student at IUPUI and I was thinking about starting an IUPUI Gun Club. Would anyone be interested in joining?

sdc963

If you get organized we would be happy to meet with you about having your meetings held at our new BGF facility when it is finish if that helps you. We would fully support your organization and help out if we could. Get it to gether and then we can talk specifics.

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms

Hookfish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think that is a good idea. I know that one of you biggest opponents against that club left the IUPUI 2 years ago. She was the vice chancellor for student life and dean of students, and I heard her once say that the only reason people carry knives is that they have an intent to use them to attack someone. If she was still here, then she would do everything in her power to make sure that a gun club could not exist. If I remember correctly, the only thing required to start a funded student organization is 10 members, a constitution, officers, and a sponsor. You may want to double check that as I have not been involved on campus as much now that I am in grad school.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I think that is a good idea. I know that one of you biggest opponents against that club left the IUPUI 2 years ago. She was the vice chancellor for student life and dean of students, and I heard her once say that the only reason people carry knives is that they have an intent to use them to attack someone. If she was still here, then she would do everything in her power to make sure that a gun club could not exist. If I remember correctly, the only thing required to start a funded student organization is 10 members, a constitution, officers, and a sponsor. You may want to double check that as I have not been involved on campus as much now that I am in grad school.

If this is true. I know that one of the math teacher I can't remember which right now shoots/used to shoot competitively, she would be your best bet for a sponsor. I'll see if i can find my old transcript and post it later.

I wish you the best of luck in yourendeavor.

GaryTX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    I would be interested in a gun club. I'm in my first year of graduate school at iupui.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Im coming back in janurary and would be willing to even be an officer for the club. Wirefox which is a member here but never on is also a student but wont be back till next fall and would be willing to join. I also know that there is a slight chance of getting the iupui police or some fire to back us as well as a lot of them are all for the amateur radio club which Im trying to restart. I wonder if there is any ballistic engineering professors on staff that could be an advisor? This could actually be a pretty easy club to start the hardest part will be getting the advisor maybe. You also need 3 students which as it sounds is already taken care of. You also need to draft a constitution which I could help and possibly wirefox over skype possibly as we have done one for the furry club and he also was part of the student council last year. I have actually done alot of the the club starting process myself for the amateur radio it just seems hard to find students for the club I can barely get the required 3.

Ok to start follow the instructions on this page
    Resources : Student Organizations : IUPUI

It list all requirements of the club.

There sounds like there are 4 or 5 students in this thread alone we'll need to give you our emails.

Now one of us will have to attend a nuts and bolt session
    *All RSOs are required to send a representative to one of the following sessions: Wednesday, August 31, 2011
    4:30pm-6:00pm, Campus Center 305

Friday, September 2, 2011
    12:00pm-1:30pm, Campus Center 305

Tuesday, September 6, 2011
    5:00pm-6:30pm, Campus Center 305

Monday, September 12, 2011
    7:00pm-8:30pm, Campus Center 305

Thursday, September 15, 2011
    1:00pm-2:30pm, Campus Center 305

Thursday, September 29, 2011
    12:00pm-1:30pm, Campus Center 305

Next draft a Constution
    I do the constution first as you can show it to the advisor

Finally find the advisor now this is something that I cant help with till janurary. Now they dont have to be a professor but actually any full time staff can be an advisor.

Then go to this link IUPUI StudentLink - Powered by CollegiateLink

Good luck and I mean that. IUPUI is not gun friendly in the least.

Your best bet is to get the LGBT crowd behind you, they get anything they want or they cry and have protests that make the ultra liberal leadership lose sleep.
    Does one count as a crowd :):

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Well, harry's totally right on this, and I'm all for an IUPUI gun club. All it takes is three active members, an adviser, and attending all the sessions needed (The Nuts & Bolts should still be the only required session) is all you need to be an official student organization, meaning you have access to IUPUI resources and funding. However, their funding generally sucks for registered student organizations because too many organizations have to share the same funds pool.

If anything, it's just a nice way to get access to space to hold regular meetings at no cost and to advertise around campus at low/no cost for your organization events. There's even the possibility of getting university-provided transportation to go to events. However, probably wouldn't work so well because guns + university property generally is a no-go. Special permissions from the campus police is the one way to get around those pesky gun laws. Fortunately for this group, I have heard of university-sponsored shooting teams before, but I can't recall where.

I'd give my support to this group and would gladly join up when I return to IUPUI. I already tried to lead an Anthropomorphic interests group but had difficulty finding an adviser, but at least we still held "unofficial" meetings and had some fun.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I am a recently returned student as well. I have several ties to some respectively high positions locally including within the school and some organizations. I have a strong family history in the local shooting industry for over 50 years as well as 21 years of personal experience. I may be able to assist.

Sdc963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the support everyone! Since there are so many people interested i will start with the paperwork and let you know when the call out meeting is!!

miborovsky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Hmm, let me know how this goes. I'm possibly interested.

Incidentally, any fellow grad/professional students here?

Top Bottom