IUPUI is telling people to go with their instincts...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    These crimes occurred off campus. It's a shame that a student, staff or faculty member can carry while over that bridge, but must disarm when going back on campus. That is not possible, so one must choose between breaking the rule or possibly defending their life.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Not all around campus are mere "college kids" with no jobs/money...
    ya no kiding i help my room mate move in to one of the fancy dorms to day, they had a HUGE tv nice cars, dishwashers,washer,dyers,carpet,ha and the rent there is 650 a month per person, while that's in Lima, OH there kids that drive brand new cars that kinda stuff hell i seen a saleen mustang today over there. of course there cameras all over the place down there but not up here in the regular dorms.:xmad: of course anything that happens, happens down here.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    you know what they told us to do if were attacked? run active shooter they told us to throw some tools, ya breaker bar would hurt but a guy with gun is still gonna win.

TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just read that e-mail, discouraging that the bad guys get the handguns on campus, but I can't legally carry mine to protect my own life.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    I thought university carry was legal in Indiana, but that it was just against school rules and as a student you could be subject to discipline if caught.

This is true. In Indiana it is up to the University to determine if campus carry is allowed. If SB0097 would get a hearing, and maybe, just maybe, get passed, it would make it against the law to ban campus carry.

That's just a pipe dream though, but don't be afraid to call the senate and speak your support of the bill! As an IUPUI student I wish we were allowed to be armed, I don't find it worth the risk of my education. Although education is nothing to me dead I guess. Seeing as how I'm in those night classes that get out in the late afternoon. Got a couple of these emails last year too.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    This is true. In Indiana it is up to the University to determine if campus carry is allowed. If SB0097 would get a hearing, and maybe, just maybe, get passed, it would make it against the law to ban campus carry.

97 essentially died today, it will not be coming out of committee.

Top Bottom