• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've always been a Magpul fan but I seem to have reached an entirely new level over the past couple of weeks. I've also dipped my toes into the water of the Larue whore pond it seems. I spent many hours carrying my rifle on a very unpleasant Sunday a few weeks back and decided that for no bigger than it is, it weighed way too much. I decided to lighten things up a bit and also make some changes to the accessories which would improve my ability to perform. Here is a list of what I purchased:

Magpul MS2 sling
    Magpul ASAP sling adapter
    Magpul RSA sling adapter
    Magpul MOE handguard
    Magpul MOE light kit
    Magpul CTR stock
    Aimpoint Micro T1
    Surefire M600 Scout Light
    Larue T-1 mount
    Larue Scout Light mount
    Larue/Troy Di Optic folding backup sight
    Larue RISR reciprocating cheek riser

Sold a few handguns, bags and shotgun accessories to fund it all and thus far I'm thinking it was money well spent. I'll zero the BUIS and T1 tomorrow but overall it's considerably lighter, I have a much improved cheek weld, better field of view when looking down the sights and will hopefully be capable of delivering more accurate rounds onto target. I have a Troy VFG on order which I'll put on in it's smallest configuration and I'm considering a different flash hider. This is how she looks now:

P1020887.jpg

P1020886.jpg

I'm most definitely a Magpul whore.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I also find it awfully ironic that you have all that Magpul gear and rock a metal mag. :D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Some things I'm comfortable with being plastic, some I prefer to keep metal. I don't have anything against the Pmags but I've got a ton of Colt and Okay Ind mags that I'll use till the puke. They all have Magpul followers and base pads though.

I can't get behind polymer sights. My guns take a beating and I like the durability of steel and aluminum.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Cory:

Looks good, save for the wire for the remote switch hanging out in space.

Incidentally, what was the "before" configuration, and how much weight did your changes save?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I didn't weigh it before hand and haven't after but I compared it to another rifle on the team still set up the way mine was and mine is considerably lighter.

I removed a Surefire drop in rail, Surefire M951 light, GG&G BUIS which was crooked anyway and a AA battery model EOTech.

I just settled on the placement of the switch, light and RSA on the forend. I had to massage the RSA a bit to keep the sling connector from rubbing on the light end of the switch cable. I'll get the switch cable secured in the next day or two although I don't foresee it causing any issues above the forearm if I didn't.

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Good lookin rifle, not a huge fan of the Magpul handguard, but if it works for you then why not.

Lookin to unload the eotech, if you haven't already? If so I might know someone that's interested.

hint: its me

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm most definitely a Magpul whore.

Objection! Move to dismiss.

You don't work for them, right? Just a fan? That's not the definition--believe me, I know one when I sees one.

you have all that Magpul gear and rock a metal mag

Well, maybe not, he got out of the service in '96 so he is used to the alumehmineeum magazines.

Top Bottom