• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Hello. I found this site quite by accident but it looks like just what I need. It would be great to learn from others who are more experienced than I am with handguns. Currently my only handgun is a .357 Colt Python. A friend showed me his .40 (don't know the make) and it looks like the right size for me. The Python is a bit to big for me to carry, expecially concealed. I'm thinking about a Glock, but I really don't know enough to make an informed decision. Thanks for any advice.:dunno::)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Welcome from Mitchell!

Just poke around in the old threads... Lots of good info. The soundest advice will be to try them out if you can before you buy.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Welcome to INGO. I think you will enjoy the handguns section and Tactics and Training. May I suggest a Glock in 9mm :ingo:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    :welcome: 2:ingo: Don't let the anti-Glock forces spoil your time here. A good bet would to review the threads, make a few inquiries, then hit some gun ranges that rent guns and have some fun:rockwoot:

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Thank you. I wasn't even aware than there were ranges that rent guns. I'm just north of Indy. If you're from the area, do you know of any ranges that meet that desciption.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    I like my G22!
    Although not tiny, I'm a smaller-framed female so overall length is a concern when it comes to carrying it. Another thought is the safety mechanism; my friends .40 has the safety built into the grip. When holding it in a firing position, the safety is automatically off. I like the idea of not having to make a separate move to disengage a safety. What is the safety like on your G22?

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Welcome to INGO. I think you will enjoy the handguns section and Tactics and Training. May I suggest a Glock in 9mm :ingo:
    Thank you. I'll poke around in that section. One consideration is size vs. stopping power. I'd like to find something small enough for me to carry (I'm a smaller-framed woman) but powerful enough that it won't just make a grown man mad if he's shot with it.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Unless it's a Glock, they're all good.
    Ahh, well, I just have to ask: what's wrong with a Glock? From the little I've read about them, they seem to be represented as well-made, reliable, and sturdy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom