• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Hey guys, picked up a new shotgun today. Its an Iver Johnson PAS12. 12ga. I'm not an expert by any means on these.
    Google didn't bring up any reviews short of one video on YouTube. So does anyone have any thoughts or experiences?

I have not shot it yet, but I did cycle several full loads through without any problems. It's very smooth and everything seems to work fine.

So, what says the great minds of INGO?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Unfortunately, Iver Johnson is just a brand name these days. Their 1911s are made in the Philippines, and their shotguns are made in Turkey. I have not been at all impressed with the modern Turkish pump shotguns being imported under other brand names (Charles Daly and Weatherby, IIRC both of which come from the Hatsan factory, spring to mind), but YMMV.

Last edited:

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Suppose this is my punishment for not coming to you guys to buy one. Hopefully I found the needle in the haystack.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Suppose this is my punishment for not coming to you guys to buy one. Hopefully I found the needle in the haystack.

Some of the Turkish manufacturers are decent (the Mossberg Silver Reserve, Stevens Gold Wing and CZ over/unders are of Turkish origin as well), others not so much. At least when they are imported by a reputable American brand, you have some recourse if something goes wrong.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Just looking it over a little more closely I've noticed the finish has already started coming off on the rim of the end of the barrel. The guy told me it was stainless, come to find out its a satin nickel finish. He had nothing but great things to say about Iver Johnson. Now I feel like he was just trying to make a sale.
    I sure got the short end of the stick on this one.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Just looking it over a little more closely I've noticed the finish has already started coming off on the rim of the end of the barrel. The guy told me it was stainless, come to find out its a satin nickel finish. He had nothing but great things to say about Iver Johnson. Now I feel like he was just trying to make a sale.
    I sure got the short end of the stick on this one.

He probably used Hoppe's on it. What did you pay for it?

Neuss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    I do not know what LGS is but I also pruchased a PAS 12. Have not had the opportunity to fire or check the ejection issue. This is one is standard blue. Hope we are both happy after some trial firings.

Thrown Hammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Northern
    Just bought one Saturday. Got the blued model with the pistol grip shoulder stock. Pretty cool that you push a button and the shoulder stock comes off and leaves the pistol grip.

I shot over 70 rounds of reloads my friend brought from his "junk" bucket. Stuff he wouldn't feed his skeet gun. Only malfunction all day I had a round lock up the action. When we got it free some bird shot rolled out of the action. So it was definitely the "junk" reloads.

So far so good for an unknown Turkish shotty.

Thrown Hammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Northern
    IMG_20130929_134903_zpsf7527f2a.jpg

Update. I have put many hundred rounds through thus shotgun, including birdshot, slugs, and buckshot. It has fed them all with zero issues.

I have completely disassembled the shotty and removed all burrs, plus polished all mating surfaces.

I also added a 870 tube extension, a heat shield, and an afg on the forearm. Everything took some minor fitting.

Overall very happy.

Top Bottom