• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So I got my new Comp Tac Minotaur holster last week. I put the Mole Skin on it right after I got it. It is very comfortable on my oversized frame....in all occasions except for driving my truck. Wth my P290 in its holster the grip is jabbing into my back.

How do those that carry in the 4 o'clock IWB position handle driving? Remove gun from holster while driving?

Anyway...overall I'm pretty happy with it there...just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

lrhochgesang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Jasper, IN
    Once you carry for a while, you learn how to sit and do other things while carrying i.e. squatting, not bending to pick something up; how to sit so it doesn't dig in, etc. the main thing is to always carry the same way. That way you develope muscle memory and also you and your body learn how to move and interact while carrying

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I don't carry IWB, but I do carry at the 3:30-4:00. I find if I'm driving any distance I just slide the holster forward to the 3:00ish position. It helps a lot. I'm carrying in either a Galco C.O.P or a Galco Concealable.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    If your truck has the split bench seat, you can use a remora style holster in the split next to your leg. The tackiness of the remora grips well against the seat so you can draw and the holster stays put. Not much effort to transfer between the two holsters and it hides well next to your leg. Plus I think it gives you quicker access.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    You may try moving the holster closer to the 3 o'clock or 5 o'clock positions. 3 o'clock usually provides me the most comfort while sitting/driving.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I will usually slide to 3 o'clock as others have mentioned. For longer drives I may take the holster off and put the holstered gun into the glove box for quick access.

I only do that when I'm alone though. I don't like the idea of the gun shifting in there and potentially ending up pointing at a passenger.

I need to attach an owb holster to my center console. That would keep the gun accessible, secured and muzzle pointed down.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Using my Comp-Tac Infidel, I typically carry between the 3-330 & have moved away from the 4-5 position. Sitting in a metal chair and going *CLANG* enough times and you will consider the same. As for longer drives, I've decided to go with a cross-draw holster and move my primary from the 330 to the 1130. Seriously have to work on the draw change while driving, but it's much more readily available for "social work" when needed & I'm behind a steering wheel.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...How do those that carry in the 4 o'clock IWB position handle driving? ...

It works perfectly fine for me. The gun sits comfortably in the corner between the seat belt attachment and the seat. Drove over 400 miles like that just yesterday.

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I go a cheap uncle mikes holster and mounted it on the dash next to my right leg. This makes it a lot easer to sit in the car comfortably and also makes it easy to get the gun and not have to deal with the seatbelt if something would happen.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am still adjusting. Carried today for short drive to Atterbury and was able to adjust it so it was fairly comfy. I am not adept enough to tell between 4 and 430 lol. May have had it closer to 5 o'clock today. Really liking the holster and carry location

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It works perfectly fine for me. The gun sits comfortably in the corner between the seat belt attachment and the seat. Drove over 400 miles like that just yesterday.

I have a IWB Crossbreed and I carry mine closer to a 5 O'Clock position. It is much more comfortable.

I am still adjusting. Carried today for short drive to Atterbury and was able to adjust it so it was fairly comfy. I am not adept enough to tell between 4 and 430 lol. May have had it closer to 5 o'clock today. Really liking the holster and carry location

All of these, pretty much carry it closer to the 5:00 position, and I don't really have any issues. Drove to FL with it that way the entire time.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I put it back on tonight for a walk and bike ride. Very comfy....thought about it...5 o'clock position for sure. I am going to try a true 4 o'clock next time I wear it to see if it feels worse. It doesn't slide well with the clips the way they are(they are clips...not magazines on the holster)...so I can't just quickly adjust I don't think. I have the c clip clips....

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    If your truck has the split bench seat, you can use a remora style holster in the split next to your leg. The tackiness of the remora grips well against the seat so you can draw and the holster stays put. Not much effort to transfer between the two holsters and it hides well next to your leg. Plus I think it gives you quicker access.

I go a cheap uncle mikes holster and mounted it on the dash next to my right leg. This makes it a lot easer to sit in the car comfortably and also makes it easy to get the gun and not have to deal with the seatbelt if something would happen.

THIS ^^^^^^^ I will take the easy access. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom