IWB Holster recommendations for appendix carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dekemi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2024
    Martinsville
    Hey there,

I've been looking for a bit and wanted to ask if anyone has a brand/model of IWB appendix holster they can recommend(?). I'm currently drawn to the T-REX Arms one with the mag attachment for the Glock 17 Gen 5 + Weapon light.

Maybe someone's using it and can share their experience with it?

Thank you and have a good day!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I use Rounded Gear for appendix carry. I've used 2 of theirs on 2 different pistols and I really like them. I like the adjustable cant and most importantly their holsters cover half of the mag release button. Been carrying their holsters for 3 years now and no issues. Not sure that I'd personally want to appendix a G17 but if you can then rock on

dekemi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2024
    Martinsville
    I use Rounded Gear for appendix carry. I've used 2 of theirs on 2 different pistols and I really like them. I like the adjustable cant and most importantly their holsters cover half of the mag release button. Been carrying their holsters for 3 years now and no issues. Not sure that I'd personally want to appendix a G17 but if you can then rock on
    Thank you! Sure will look into it!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This.

I too have the Crossbreed and its well made. But even the G19 is challenging to do anything but stand upright. I cant imagine trying it with a 17.

Personally, I dont like appendix. I got a great deal on the Crossbreed and tried it but its just not for me. I like sitting comfortably and bending over at the waist. LOL

And speaking of Crossbreed, they have an excellent lifetime warranty. My EDC IWB holster kydex cracked and I just had to spend $10 in postage to send it back. They are currently remaking it for free.

So I'm temporarily using the Appendix rig to carry IWB. It works well enough, and is better than Appendix or not at all.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Makes all the difference in the world for comfort and fit for a kydex AIWB holster.

You can make your own if its cost prohibitive.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The trex stuff is good but a gun with light + extra mag is a lot of stuff. I have one and could never conceal well. Going to a separate mag holder helps. I now use an enigma. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but not having to be tied to your beltline is liberating.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The trex stuff is good but a gun with light + extra mag is a lot of stuff. I have one and could never conceal well. Going to a separate mag holder helps. I now use an enigma. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but not having to be tied to your beltline is liberating.
    Another vote for the PHLster Enigma here. I have the whole rig and it holds anything from the G19 up to a VP9 Match as long as a Surefire x300 light is on the pistol.

I did buy an extra set of belt clips for using the Floodlight2 shell without the Enigma chassis but I haven’t used them yet.

I also just got the Floodlight OWB from PHLster for taking training classes, shooting FNS, etc. where appendix carry is not allowed.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I still love my Raven Concealment Eidolon, but that doesn't have a WML option. Tenicor would be a great option, but they have limited compatibility with WMLs. I would say JM Custom it and have it rigged on a PHLster Enigma System...or if you're ok with just black colored kydex just get the complete PHLster set with a Floodlight on an Enigma.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    So I have carried both the TREX and Tier one. I lean more towards the tier one just bc of the claw they use, I think it works better. That being said I also carry a 43x in a phlster(not enigma) and it carries fairly well. I just wish the belt hooks were spread out more. If you’re still not set on either of those, try a JM custom kydex in Glock 34 length. The claw 2.0 I think it is. This will be my next one I buy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      394.5 KB · Views: 2
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      383.8 KB · Views: 2

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Been carrying appendix in a Henry for 9 years now.

Top Bottom